High on my list is wheels. Wheels of all sorts. Wagon wheels of various styles on up to various truck or tractor wheels. I can scratch build box shapes easy enough to make carts/wagons and vehicles but find wheels to be a pain. 

• Like 2

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Zink said:

High on my list is wheels. Wheels of all sorts. Wagon wheels of various styles on up to various truck or tractor wheels. I can scratch build box shapes easy enough to make carts/wagons and vehicles but find wheels to be a pain. 

I'll note that solid wooden wheels are pretty easy to scratchbuild, either from stripwood or by adding texture to a simple sort of disk. Spoked wheels are trickier, of course.

• Like 3

On 10/10/2018 at 12:01 PM, Zink said:

Maybe not the easiest to do, or even useful for what you are doing, but it does make nice wheels

Ketil

• Like 3

On 10/9/2018 at 8:31 PM, Zink said:

I haven't had much luck with wheels at these scales on my printer.  The resolution just isn't fine enough, especially when I have bed adhesion problem

Designing them in Fusion 360 is pretty easy though.  I might have to see if I can figure out a way to combine a 3d printed outer piece with the method @ketil linked to in that video. 

Edited by kristof65
  • Like 3