Orlando_the_Technicoloured

Batman™: Gotham City Chronicles by Monolith, Kickstarter

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/806316071/batmantm-gotham-city-chronicles/comments

KS only (not coming to retail as Monolith made a loss on the retail version of their Conan game)

3d006ee76e61d54fd32dcf382b39dcb7_origina

optional buys

01e3053e70d98764a7ee2a148aaeba30_origina

plus lots of unlocked stretch goals

game roughly based on the fairly well recived Conan game engine, they did a decent job with the Conan minis too so if your into batman and have the (significant) buy in it's probably a wise pick.

• Like 2

In for the base pledge plus Arkham and Bat mobile

Wayne mansion just doesn't appeal to me, nor the Vs one.

This is already rocketing with the SG and we are only 3-4 hrs in.

• Like 1

I was really excited for this one last year, but the renders they were showing off got very hit or miss, so I'm now a cautious maybe.

• Like 1

Oh neat.  I've been sitting on the Batman Miniatures Game rulebook for a couple years now, but never purchased any of the minis due to the cost.  So I could definitely go for this.

• Like 1

(This is not a complaint) Looks like they have new-style Harley Quinn on the box art and old-style Harley Quinn in the minis.

• Like 1

Yeah...I'm in.  

I'm debating as to how far in I want to be.  I'm up for Wayne Manor (Alfred in a fighting stance!) and Arkham Asylum, but not so much the vs or the Batmobile.  That may change by the end of the KS.

• Like 1

The models look pretty cool and I'd love to get some.  Wish they would be available without the rest of the game...

• Like 2

Knight Model miniatures (and WizKids) are available retail, although at $25 MSRP, might as well get the Monolith game. :mellow:

• Like 1

I guess I'll find a use for my dead pennies from the wet palette to weigh down the bases. Does the sculptor like waffle cones?? :mellow:

• Like 4

13 hours ago, aku-chan said:

I was really excited for this one last year, but the renders they were showing off got very hit or miss, so I'm now a cautious maybe.

Nice thing about Batman minis is there are lots of alternates you can swap in if you don't like some of the game figures.

• Like 3

I'm in since I skipped Conan. I hear their plastics are okay to slightly better than tabletop. Any opinions from those who picked up other monolith games? I'm in for the moment, trying to decide how much I want these minis. My main Batman buddy's wife had a baby, so I can forsee less game time and overall, the pricing is way better per mini than knight model.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ced1106 said:

I guess I'll find a use for my dead pennies from the wet palette to weigh down the bases. Does the sculptor like waffle cones?? :mellow:

Do you NOT like waffle cones? :unsure:

I really want to...I've been tempted by some of Knight's models, but that price tag.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By BSGTony
      Join us now and you will receive six highly detailed stand-alone buildings as STL files for your 3D printer!

Link to the project: CITY OF TAROK: 3D PRINTABLE BUILDINGS

City of Tarok is a project we wanted to make for years. We had plenty of experience as we create our maps in 3D and we also created many 3D printable miniatures. We thought, aside from modular sets, there are not many custom buildings on the market. We love creating small worlds like dioramas where you can feel that every piece of the terrain is hand-crafted and living. Now, with the world of 3D printing, we think our imaginations finally have a chance of materializing. 

We have reached our main goal within 2 hours, which means you'll receive all the six core buildings at the $60 Settler reward and above. Now we are on to unlock as many free additional sets as we can. If you join you'll help us to make your pledge more valuable. 

Link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/532839686/city-of-tarok-3d-printable-medieval-buildings?ref=45ld51

More pictures of the printed buildings:

• By Ludo
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iiongames/the-goblin-king-is-angry

• By Orlando_the_Technicoloured
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/steamforged/devil-may-crytm-the-bloody-palace

now live

Automatically Appended Next Post:

About

Based on the Bloody Palace mode from the critically acclaimed Devil May Cry™ 5 video game, Devil May Cry™: The Bloody Palace is a dynamic and fast-paced board game for 2 to 4 players where style counts for everything. Players each take control of an iconic Devil May Cry™ devil hunter and try to outscore each other by building the most impressive attack combos and achieving the highest style rank.

Automatically Appended Next Post:
      Unfortunately, we are unable to ship pledge rewards to the following countries:

Afghanistan, Argentina, Belarus, Bolivia, Brazil, Burma, Burundi, Central African Republic, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Ecuador, Egypt, Eritrea, Falkland Islands, French Guiana, French Polynesia, Republic of Guinea, Republic of Guinea-Bissau, Gyana, Iran, Iraq, Lebanon and Syria, Libya, Mali, Martinique, Mexico, New Caledonia, North Korea, Paraguay, Peru, Puerto Rico, Reunion Island, Somalia, South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands, South Sudan, Sudan, Suriname, Syria, The Republic of Maldives, Ukraine, Uruguay, Venezuela, Yemen and Zimbabwe.

If your territory is listed above we hope to be able to offer this product to you at retail but are unable to commit to shipping to these territories during the Kickstarter.

Whilst we will strive to deliver your rewards in a timely manner, you may not receive your reward before the product is available for purchase at retail, or other promotional opportunities such as conventions. We have ensured that the pledge reward offered is packed with fantastic value and Kickstarter exclusives to compensate for any potential delays. However, if this unacceptable to you, please do not back this project and instead wait for the retail release. Thank you for your understanding.

Any pledges confirmed after our pledge manager deadline will be shipped from the UK hub at a later date and will likely incur increased shipping costs.  
      Note: they've got several open project, but have also just got £5million in extra investment funding so while timeliness of delivery may be an issue, worries about whether their ongoing projects can be afforded are probably no longer an issue
    • By Unit04
      Monolith Games "Batman: Gotham City Chronicles" came in recently and I decided I'd go ahead and actually try to paint all the minis.  Looking at the boxes can be daunting though so I'm breaking it down by mission to make it a less daunting task.  For each mission, I'm doing the main villains and one hero for each player, so the game is at least playable with a set of painted minis.  The minions will have to wait until my free time matches up with the not raining time so I can spray prime a bunch at once.  Did I mention it won't stop raining on my time off?  

In general, I'm trying to get as accurate as I can with the paints and paining skill I have to the Batman: The Animated Series version of the characters.  That is the version I love the best so that's where most of my inspiration comes from.  

The first mission, "To Sink a City", pits Bane vs our heroes.  From the hero selection, I grabbed "standard" Batman (because, of course), "standard" Catwoman and The Red Hood (Jason Todd...spoiler?).  I did these a week or so ago and I put gloss finish on them without thinking of taking pictures first, so sorry about the glare.  I do plan on giving them a matte finish when I'm done with all the minis.  

Group picture!

Batman!  I used a lot of Nightmare Black since it has a blue tint.  Breonne Blue quickly became my go to blue for team Batman and Rainy Grey makes a good suit color.  

The Red Hood (Jason Todd) 

Catwoman (Classic).  I'm not super happy with how the eyes turned out but it looks good enough on a table so...

Bane and juiced up Bane.

• By Shpam
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1662635043/procession-of-the-plague-cult

A set of 13 hand sculpted 28mm scale sinister robed figures, for all of your pulp, horror and fantasy games.

I backed Midlam’s Village of Witches and was very happy with them. The minis are very well cast and pretty reasonably priced.

I’m particularly fond of the guy with the bells.

• Who's Online   19 Members, 0 Anonymous, 71 Guests (See full list)