Sign in to follow this  
SamuraiJack

Marcon 2018 Columbus Ohio

Some of you know I help run a convention call MarCon here in Columbus, Ohio  Marcon is held Mother's Day weekend in Columbus Ohio in the same hotel that Origins uses.  This year we have a few guests, some you might recognize.  Still working on media guests, but this is the group we have so far.  Marcon.org for more info..

Author Guest of Honor: F. Paul Wilson
Young Adult Author Guest of Honor: Cinda Williams Chima
Music Guest of Honor: Dandelion Wine
Legendary Artist Guest of Honor: Larry Elmore
Artist Guest of Honor: David Lee Pancake
Cosplay Guest of Honor: Alexa Heart 
Cosplay Guest of Honor:  Mogchelle Cosplay
Guest of Honor: Charles Xavier Conley (Ebony Warrior Cosplay)
Fan Guest of Honor: Todd Cameron Hamilton
Miniatures Guest of Honor: Shoshie Bauer

Featured Author: Walter Jon Williams
Featured Author: Eric Flint
Featured Author: Walter Hunt
Featured Artist: Andy Hopp
Featured Cosplay Guest: Nerd Girl Cosplay
Featured Cosplay Guest: Brit Bliss
  • Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Mckenna35
      Found this and thought I'd pass on:
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/highnoongame/high-noon-a-wild-west-combat-tactical-board-game/description

FYI the game components graphic near the top show what you get if you go "all in" NOT what's in a standard box.
    • By Ekaterina
      Hi!! my name is Katerina and I'm new to painting miniatures, I begun 
      with a miniature from NonSenseminiatures, the Barbarian, I buyed the 
      54mm because it's bigger and maybe easier to paint.
      I asked some help to NonSense and he already made a base coat for me, I 
      would like to get some help for painting because I see too much 
      information and don't know were begin.
      I already make painting but totally different
      Also he gave for me a discount code Katerina10%, because he will sell my 
      paints also!!!

• By ced1106
      Guns, ninjas, hobbits, dogs, monkeys, pumpkins, and mancatchers. 

Sure, you *say* you could otherwise do some conversion. But good luck finding a mancatcher *and* a monkey.

Stuff's in metal and cast in the USA. Magnets are from China, but they have multiple suppliers.

• By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/originalmagicart/foglio-portfolio?ref=discovery_category_newest

Story
      Hello, and welcome to the Foglio Portfolio!
      Kaja and Phil Foglio have illustrated 117 cards for Magic: The Gathering, with their first image included in Magic's very first expansion, Arabian Nights.  Here are all of the cards they've illustrated for the game.
      After being away from the game for many years, the Foglios are back to offer officially licensed Playmats and Prints of their most famous and popular Magic artwork.
      The Foglio Portfolio offers you a once in a lifetime opportunity to bring your favorite Foglio art to your gaming table.
      Each Playmat has the following features:
      Premium Stitched Edge - A brand new offering from UltraPro, each mat will have high quality stitching around every edge, ensuring that your Playmat will last a very long time. Limited Edition - We will never be reprinting any of these Playmats with a stitched edge, ever again.  This is your only opportunity, ever, to get this artwork on a stitched playmat. (Playmats are printed in units of 50, so we'll print to demand, but no more than the closest unit of 50.) Signed by the Artist - Phil and Kaja will be hand signing each and every playmat. Minimal Logos - We've worked with UltraPro and Wizards of the Coast to minimize the impact of their logos as much as we possibly can. If you don't see your favorite piece of Foglio art in the options above, don't fret!  Additional Playmats will be unlocked through Stretch Goals.  
      If we meet all of our initial Stretch Goals, Backers will be able to vote for additional designs.  The design with the most votes will be added to the project.
    • By Gadgetman!
      https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/harlequin-classic-shadow-elves/x/10803452#/

EOE is proud to presents a Harlequin Miniatures Production - Classic Oldhammer Shadow Elves including Heroes, Assassins, Enchanters, Crossbowpersons, Siege Engines and scary Raptor Riders!
      Great Designs for the discerning Collector and Roleplayer. These Shadow Elves will bring terror to all that face them in Battle, be they namby-pamby Humans, goody two shoed Elves or the weakling Dwarves. These fantastic Miniatures, originally released in 1990’s, are being remoulded to cast in lead-free pewter by the skillful (ish) hands of John Olsen and his wonderful staff. Please peruse the figures below...

With harsh features and a reputation to match Shadow Elves are a particularly nasty race who believe that they are the only true Elves. They do not see themselves as nasty or evil, their view is simply that it is the other races which have strayed from the correct path. A popular Shadow Elf saying which succinctly explains their philosophy is: “Those who allow others to pass will soon be left behind”. Suffice it to say that the Shadow Elves are continually pushing forward.

Shadow Elves despise humans and their ways and feel that the other Elven races are far too Human in their outlook, at times ignoring their Elven Heritage. (This is not true, in any sense of the word, but that doesn't stop the Shadow Elf from believing it). It is rumored that they cut the tips off the ears of Elves that they capture, “humanizing” their appearance to match their actions, but this is believed to be apocryphal. While it is true that there are subtle and not-so-subtle color variations in the skin tones of every race, there are none so stark as the difference between the Shadow Elves of the south and those who live in the northern regions. Southern clans have deep-red skin the color of molten lava and those of the North have blue skin and often have dark blue or purple hair. There is no clear reason for this Regional difference but it is believed to date back to the time of “The Time of the Seven Trials” during the First Age. No records exist which details what the Seven Trials were or how they could have changed them in this fashion, but cave drawings and pictographs deep in the Indegahn cave system, as yet undeciphered, may hold the key.

• Who's Online   24 Members, 2 Anonymous, 35 Guests (See full list)