Darcstaar

77046: BONES Bat Swarm

Here was a quickie.

The bats are mainly drybrushed then cleaned up with lining.

Then I did the gravestone using Michael Proctor's tips about lots of different colored washes.

It was a bunch of diluted GW Shades and Glazes, then re-lined the stone with Weathered Stone.

I liked it so much, I tried it on the bats themselves to add some interest.

5a986a895fff1_BatSwarm1.thumb.jpg.529f9d2dc4551892a1e664c0899aee32.jpg5a986a8dae7b8_BatSwarm2.thumb.jpg.82a536cdf7e55f4db04f15246ff6151b.jpg5a986a903a541_BatSwarm3.thumb.jpg.431665c2ad69ffe89a2ebdc929cdf1c2.jpg5a986a942f888_BatSwarm4.thumb.jpg.3960ff231f4d1c39b3248d0af75770de.jpg

• Like 13

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Darcstaar
      I finished these in January.  I just got around to photographing them.
      They may show up in our Reign of Winter campaign.  The blue and red ornaments were an experiment with mixing regular paint with metallic medium.
      I wasn't trying to make their eyes look like they had pupils and were looking up.  I was trying to make them look like soul-less lumps of ruby or amber, but I think the happy accident works fine.  It makes them look like they are concentrating on getting the star onto their tree top.

I painted them both the same base green, then washed them with different colors, one blue-green, the other green-brown. They then got hightlighted differently: One Moth Green, the other Olive Green.  The result is some ability to differentiate them on the table even without the other differently colored details.

Enjoy.  C&C Welcome.

• By Darcstaar
      Here is a water elemental I finished a while back.
      Some of the pics look a little darker, as I messed with the gamma on the camera to try to prevent the white washing everything out.
      This is an oldie-but-goodie, with a sculpt that has a lot of character in the "face."
      I wanted it to look like it was coming up out of the water at the beach, so I made the base simple like beach sand.

Enjoy.
      C&C Welcome, as always.

• By Darcstaar
      I recently started a project to go through the Bones 1 KS models I have in order from a printout of the Rewards pictures.
      Here is the first project: Cassie, Gnome Wizard.  There are some great examples of her out there.  I knew I wanted a purple-haired gnome, and just went from there.
      The most aggravating part of this miniature was the cloak.  I wasn't planning on spending so much time on these figures, but I tried a freehand Raindrop pattern, and it took a long time.

Link to WIP

Enjoy.
      C&C Welcome.

-Darc
    • By Darcstaar
      Here is the next figure on the list.
      Callie.  I think it’s funny that episode 1 was Cassie, and right next to her is a figure with almost the same name.

She had had a weird straight warp to the lower part of her bow.  I boiled that out.  It has stayed in the corrected position for a month now.

This is after Brown Liner.  It looks like an arrow coming out of the quiver, but strange it has no fletching....From the front, maybe a finger?
    • By Darcstaar
      I have begun the best thing I can think of for myself to get through my Bones I stockpile.  I went to the Kickstarter page, took screenshots of the reward pictures, and am using it as a checklist.  I’ll be shooting for tabletop+.

First up is Cassie, gnome wizard.

Mold lines addressed, cleaned, and on a rudimentary base.

Primed with Brown Liner.
      Flesh tone base is Rosy Shadow.

Then working on eyes.
      Nightshade Purple and Linen White so far.
      And that’s all I got done today.

• Who's Online   43 Members, 2 Anonymous, 37 Guests (See full list)