Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Darcstaar

77046: BONES Bat Swarm

Recommended Posts

Here was a quickie.

 

The bats are mainly drybrushed then cleaned up with lining.

Then I did the gravestone using Michael Proctor's tips about lots of different colored washes.

It was a bunch of diluted GW Shades and Glazes, then re-lined the stone with Weathered Stone.

I liked it so much, I tried it on the bats themselves to add some interest.

 

5a986a895fff1_BatSwarm1.thumb.jpg.529f9d2dc4551892a1e664c0899aee32.jpg5a986a8dae7b8_BatSwarm2.thumb.jpg.82a536cdf7e55f4db04f15246ff6151b.jpg5a986a903a541_BatSwarm3.thumb.jpg.431665c2ad69ffe89a2ebdc929cdf1c2.jpg5a986a942f888_BatSwarm4.thumb.jpg.3960ff231f4d1c39b3248d0af75770de.jpg

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Darcstaar
      Well, while I let Devona dry, I’ll switch gears to a mini off the shelf of waiting...
       

       
      The plan is for an ice ogre, with blue-gray skin.
    • By MoonglowMinis
      Back again with some spiders!
       
      I tried out Rangers of Shadow Deep last night and got to break out my spider minis.  I've got a few Giant Spiders and Spider Swarms from the D&D board games Castle Ravenloft, and Legend of Drizzt respectively.
       

       
      I had started these ages ago but quickly became dissatisfied with the direction they were headed.  A few months ago I picked them back up and went in a different direction.
       

       
      The giant spiders in particular were letting me down.  The sculpt is pretty undefined.  It took some freehand fur work to bring it to life.  I also switched from a warm brown tone to a cool grey.  I think the added contrast makes them stand out a lot better.
       

       
      I also added some used dryer sheets as webbing.  It's mostly successful.  The super glue turned it invisible in places which sort of works as holes in the web.  Definitely will revisit this idea again in future projects.
       

       
      The spider swarms are less successful.  I tried to keep three distinct colorations to help them stand apart from one another.  But with such poorly defined details, they could have used more contrast.  They work well enough.  Maybe I'll revisit them, but I tend to just move on after calling something "good enough."
       
      What do you all do for swarm minis?  I find that most of mine look rather drab or incomprehensible.
    • By Darcstaar
      Just pulled these out of the drawer.  One of these Orcs was next in line on the Bones I Kickstarter Rewards image, so I’ll try to squad-paint them together to save time. They have been cleaned of mold lines.  The spearman’s spear was very bent, as was the great sword.  So, those got weapon swapped with basic weapons from Bones 3.  Those are darker grey.  Washed them, so just waiting for them to dry.  Also had to gap fill spearman’s wrists.
    • By Darcstaar
      I’ve been working on this dragon too.
      It has some serious lean.  In order to try to address this, I cut the front feet away from the back feet, and from each other.  I was hoping gluing the to the base separately would do it, but no!

      Still serious lean.
      I decided to pin the feet to the base, but as I played with it, realized the back feet, left and right front feet would all have to be at different levels.  
       

      It’s now straight and erect.  I had to chop and reposition the tail for this, or else the tip dipped below the level of the base.  Now I need to sculpt green stuff supports around these pins.  Then I’ll try to turn them in to rocks.
    • By Darcstaar
      Starting up another, now that Janan is done.
      Satheras, Male Warlock.  He had a really bent staff.  On the behind shot you can see I cut it off at the hand, wedged a bit out and re glued it into a straighter angle.  I also cut him off his integral base, since it had no texture.
       



      Hoping to try to get a little better at OSL on him, with a green gem in the staff.
  • Who's Online   8 Members, 1 Anonymous, 38 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...