aku-chan

Disciple of the Flower Witch

I think she's good. I voiced my "concern" on one piece of the mini, but the rest is absolutely great.

So for me it is a bit sad to hear she killed your interest. But well - I know that feeling.

Let the Disciples sit for a few weeks and then do the next one.

But I once again have to say: The SKIN is very great!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We all tend to be our own harshest critics. She is a BEAUTIFUL creation from my point of view with all sorts of interesting details.

Her skin has a lovely glow & I love your color choices. VERY WELL DONE!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the comments everyone!

I suspect now I'm not actively painting her, I'll come to like the job I did a bit more.

• Like 3

You know, with Kingdom Death miniatures, I often don't know whether to be aroused or creeped the heck out.  This is one of those times.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I think she came out lovely. With the colors you used she looks a fair bit more cheerful than most of the versions I've seen of her. For some reason I'm really like the way you painted everything on her arms. 

• Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ChanSeal
      "Bliss"
      Needed a civilian type for a game, and this was the best I find in my lead mountain.
      Dunno why, but I keep seeing him as one of those beer-making monks carrying a keg on his back.
      So I painted him as one who just "sampled" the merchandise and really liked the sample.
      The nose and cheeks were more "ruddy" IRL but doesn't show up well in the pictures.
      There is a lightish line at the top of the belly where I tried to repair the paint job after accidently flicking some dark wash on it.
      The line isn't really visible IRL but clearly seen in the pictures.

Thanks for looking.

*Edit
      And if something looked odd with my montage, it's because the second picture got flipped when I was joining the four of them together. Just noticed this.

• By aku-chan
      Presenting the Leather Queen, a Pin-up version of the Leather Armoured Survivors from Kingdom Death, hopefully she's wearing just enough to not need a nudity link.

I'm pretty out of practice painting Pin-ups so she's a little rough around the edges, and I never could figure out a way to make her hair look like hair, but at least it's another one finally finished.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By 72moonglum
      So it's been a few weeks since I've finished a minis, been kind of busy, but finally got this guy done last night,  another Hackmaster figure that was picked up by Ral Partha, this time a mature-looking wizard with a nice wooden staff.  As always, it took forever to decide colors and with his inner clothing, the lilac, that was the easiest, but after that, took a while to figure out the green in his cloak and blue on the outside.

He has a little potion at his belt, tried to do a liquid effect, when I look at the photo, not so sure how it turned out though.

Anyhoos, enjoy!
    • By aku-chan
      "During the opening stages of the Great War, it was quickly discovered that the human mind was too fragile for soldiers to spend any time in areas that had been heavily corrupted by Void Space.
      One of the solutions to this problem was to lift the restrictions on deploying Automaton Troopers to the front-lines. Drawing power from naturally occurring energy fields and equipped with self repair and competent AI systems, they could theoretically operate indefinitely without contact with their human creators.
      However, despite being deployed in large numbers, in the end they did little to halt the advance of the Void.

Centuries later, many can still be found and most pose a threat to the humans they once served.
      This particular model, now known as a Flower Knight due to the flora it spontaneously generates around itself, is not openly hostile to anyone it comes across but will not tolerate any damage to the gardens they both create and guard."

Presenting the Flower Knight from Kingdom Death.

This is another one from the Cupboard of Unfinished ThingsTM that's been waiting for me to bring it back to the table for a final painting session or two. It's not a patch on the many, many other Flower Knights out there on the Inter-webs, but I'm really pleased with it.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.

• By aku-chan
      Presenting the irrepressible Monkey, his group have journeyed to the west to represent the Guild of Harmony's Far East branch in the game Twisted.

Was rather intimidated by this guy at the start, the whole set are pretty big on tiny details, but he turned out to be rather straightforward to paint.
      I've got to stop painting things Andrea Blue until I've figured out how to layer it properly though.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
  • Who's Online   28 Members, 2 Anonymous, 39 Guests (See full list)