Sign in to follow this  
aku-chan

Witch-hunter Gretel

Fantastic Painting !!!

You really paint these types of figures very very well.

Love the accent colors  you toss in !

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Fascinating!  Actually, there's something about the styling and the painting that reminds me vaguely of some porcelain miniatures my grandma would have on display in the curio cabinet, once upon a time.  The design and pose and magnificent, and your paint job really brings that out wonderfully!

I am wondering: What is that roundish thing she's standing on?  It looks from some angles like a log, perhaps, but from the front it looks more mechanical.  Some bit of ruined steampunk machinery?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I really like it. Colors work together quite excellent. Great job, aku-chan!

1 hour ago, Jordan Peacock said:

I am wondering: What is that roundish thing she's standing on?  It looks from some angles like a log, perhaps, but from the front it looks more mechanical.  Some bit of ruined steampunk machinery?

Could be a log torpedo?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

She is a LOVELY creation, BEAUTIFULLY painted in an imaginative array of colors. Hansel & the clockwork log add a delightfully whimsical touch. VERY WELL DONE!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the comments everybody!

15 hours ago, Jordan Peacock said:

Fascinating!  Actually, there's something about the styling and the painting that reminds me vaguely of some porcelain miniatures my grandma would have on display in the curio cabinet, once upon a time.  The design and pose and magnificent, and your paint job really brings that out wonderfully!

I think it looks like a log too, but it has a hatch at one end so I'm guessing it's a old pipe.

It would've looked more rusty, but I was worried about getting orange all over poor Hansel!

I dig it. I love her face, it has a very "Old Masters" kind of classically painted feel.

• Thanks 1