Sign in to follow this  
lexomatic

Infinite DImensions Games: Whitewood Abbey Kickstarter

Some friends are doing this, under their Infinite Dimensions Games, though I'm not involved. The Kickstarter will take place in March and is for digital files for 3D print. If I remember correctly there are no physical rewards. While people should hold off until the details of the crowdfund are released, my understanding is that the core set is done, any stretch goals will pay for the labour of doing the design/sculpting of those items only, so the core set would be ready as soon as funding period is over. 

They have a Facebook and Instagram and more for lots of previews (but I'm not linking because I'm not sure what on those sites will break forum rules), and if anyone is attending BreakoutCon this year in Toronto, they will be there displaying.

Edited by Darsc Zacal

This has been funded.  New art (behind spoiler) revealed for future stretch goals.

Interior furnishings stretch goals are funded.

There is talk of a painting guide/tutorial

Spoiler

4ea8279c711788fcdc452b259a26fd80_origina

• Thanks 1

In case people are curious, there's a freebie sample up for a little while on thingverse. I don't think I can link to it for commerce policy, but the link is in the most recent update  (along with interior texture pics and other things)

Just wanted to let you all know about a kickstarter I've recently launched to fund the release of Wightwood Abbey: a 3D printable, fortified medieval monastery.  The core set come with a gatehouse, stables, scriptorium, abbot's house, church and surrounding walls; plus we've already unlocked a bunch of stretch goals. If you're into gaming terrain and have access to a 3D printer (or are interested in 3D printing!) I invite you to come take a look at what we've created. :)

Thank you!

abbot's house printed small.jpeg

abott's house assembled small.jpeg

abott's house 2 small.jpeg

• Like 3

This looks familiar...  Ah, that's why, it was hiding on page 2.  Looks like a friend had started a post about it for you :)

It's definitely a nice looking Abbey!

• Thanks 1

I'm backing this too, and hoping that it gets a bit more traction. The buy-in was pretty reasonable; I figure I pay about $15/building for any nice quality structure of a decent size, and the Abbey includes 5 of them (two of which look ridiculously massive - the Scriptorium and the Church), plus walls. However, it's the stretch goals a little further down the path that I'm hoping they can achieve. The artwork for the rookery tower looks cool, and the ancient shrine has the potential to be absolutely epic.

I don't think this project has the ground support to reach the critical mass necessary to get really deep into their potential stretch goals, which is a shame, as I'm curious about the treatment they'd give the hostel and brewery. Hopefully they do well enough to support the production of these later if they aren't unlocked, or perhaps result in a second KS project later to expand the abbey.

~v

• Like 1

Closing in on Historic Sites stretch goals. Might be worth if for me to get in on the full deal to help push it towards the stuff I mostly want.

Though if anyone has ever wanted to play in Candlekeep, this might be the closest thing.

• Like 1

The interiors are looking really nice on these pieces. They seem to easily be on-par with Printable Scenery's work, which I've been really pleased with now that I'm starting to print their Winterdale stuff. I think all of this 3D printable terrain is really going to push me forward on playing Frostgrave more often.

~v

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this