77016 BONES Giant Rats

Darcstaar

I finally finished by Giant Rats Dozen from Bones I.

I tried to give them fur texture.  The texture from the cast was too light for drybrushing, so it's essentially free hand.

The gray rats have some red and green glazed into the shadows to give them a little diseased feel.

I spent WAY too much time painting these...

Mold lines on the actual rat (as opposed to the base) were too tricky to try to get rid of, especially in light of the subject matter.  They’re rats.  A lot of them.

5a99fbf0d4b58_Rats1.thumb.jpg.6819bef77499d0b250cddb4116eb3e4b.jpg5a99fbf385091_Rats3.thumb.jpg.fb9eba9c262b539eaa0b94fd47993f89.jpg5a99fbf533edd_Rats4.thumb.jpg.d240f0d61f13429e6f6853056e8c5c3c.jpg5a99fbf6ed187_Rats5.thumb.jpg.8a4103343528c3ba621e8f5cf7e1e4df.jpg5a99fbf90be50_Rats6.thumb.jpg.dff9feb34f5952edc5568e48aa1e9506.jpg

C&C Welcome.

• Like 20

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By kazmania7
      I managed to make my November quota and than some more, now time to relax for holidays and birthday. She was a throwback from october when I did a few from pathfinder line, but never had prep her.

• By Darcstaar
      Time for the next in line for Bones I.
      Aina, Female Valkyrie.  I will paint the metal version concurrently.  I already pinned the weapon hand on the metal version, and pinned the arm for the shield.  I’ll apply the shield later.  The Bones version still has a ton of detail, so I suspect these will take a while.  Planning Red/Gold for metal version (her shield is a little Romanesque), and Blue/White for the Bones version.

• By kazmania7
      He was a leftover from a group of pathfinder mini's I primed but forgot to finish from my last posting.

• By Darcstaar
      Next in line: 77049, Bones Arthrand Nightblade, Elf Ranger.

I tried priming with a 1:1 mix of Blue Liner:White Brush On Primer.  There were a few mold lines and casting valleys that showed up.  I put a layer of Brush On Sealer on them.  We’ll see how that worked.
    • By Inarah
      This is the Bones version of the iconic character, painted in a rather quick and dirty fashion. There was a lot of metal and chain mail, which I did not spend time on, and a few details which I picked out.  In retrospect I could have brightened up the armor some, but since she's likely to go on the table as a generic fighter I didn't feel the need to make her special. 

• Who's Online   6 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)