Sign in to follow this  
Metalchaos

01569, Howie the Chibi Sea Monster

01569, Howie the Chibi Sea Monster, Special Edition Bonesylvanian Figure sculpted by Julie Guthrie.

5a9b0cde8bb6b_01569Howie01.JPG.4eeea84eb83f2b631351e4ed90cfa475.JPG

5a9b0cdf6ab5e_01569Howie02.JPG.2aac37175a3b3ff3b1ed6472eba60341.JPG

5a9b0ce0ec4ee_01569Howie03.JPG.4eb537385b3974c75336015b22788064.JPG

5a9b0ce20ac55_01569Howie04.JPG.eb85a0d6daad2674b668b77122a957ad.JPG

5a9b0ce3f288e_01569Howie05.JPG.a2df66c02df692c1ceadcbf0e382eb9b.JPG

5a9b0ce5a8fc6_01569Howie06.JPG.6a37d9e5f36256adaac470b09e6a72f3.JPG

5a9b0ce7282b8_01569Howie07.JPG.34f5e16114349d14ac8e4770c6b94a33.JPG

Edited by Metalchaos
  • Like 21

He looks really great! I like how you did the scaley bumps and the teeth are nicely disgusting! Good colors as well. Thumbs up!

• Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Metalchaos
      Hi everyone, 

Here are pictures of the third skeletal beast in the series. 77931, Skeletal Manticore sculpted by Julie Guthrie. Painted with Reaper MSP paint and mounted on a 2 inches base.

• By Metalchaos
      Hi everyone,

Here is the second skeletal beast I painted last week. This is Bones model 77924, Skeletal Chimera sculpted by Julie Guthrie. I added dirt and moss on it to make it look like it's freshly animated. The leaves are dry birch tree seed hulls. I picked them up in the forest and painted them before gluing them on the base. As a reference, the base is 2 inches wide.

• By Metalchaos
      Good day everyone,

With the dead leaves season comes harvest time. Autumn is also a time for gathering and for reflection. Like the Tuilvilanuue words say "Nilsi hentil kilta anno", it takes four seasons to make a year.
      Here are some pictures of Julie Guthrie awesome 77923 Skeletal Owlbear. I really enjoyed painting this model. The design of the skeletal beasts that Reaper recently produced is stunning. It is an archeological journey in fantasy land.

• By 72moonglum
      Hello fine fans and lovers of the Reaper Miniature World!

So today I've got two figures to post. I'd do them together, but different sculptors and different genres.

The first one is an old Julie Guthrie figure from the eighties, Woman Warrior With Two Swords.  I think she came in a box from the range "the Adventurers", which was full of female player characters.

So here she is:

In one of Anne's podcasts, she was doing non-metal metal and I'd asked her about her base colors and she suggested more grey as opposed to a blue beginning, so with this figure and her metals, I started out with Rainy Grey instead of Ashen Blue which is what I normally use.  I think she came out pretty decently, even though of course I'm never satisfied with my own work.  Such is the curse of the painter....

Anyhoos, hope you enjoy her, a very fun and basic figure.  One of the reason I like old school minis as I've mentioned before.  She strapped on her armor, grabbed her blades and took off.  No ladening herself with bags, sacks and knick knacks.

• By Maledrakh
      The last few weeks have been very busy with very little time or inspiration to paint, as the general lack of posts lately will bear full witness to.

As you might imagine, I was going for green magical flames.  I struggled with this, and it did not turn out as I had envisioned it.
      This one I count as a bit of a failure, and I am not at all satisfied with how it turned out. Maybe I will repaint the whole thing at some point but for now I am rather sick of it.
      At leaast it does look much better IRL on the table than when magnified in photos. Somthing which is a small comfort. The white for "teeth" does not work at all in the pictures and I might just redo that part and leave the rest alone. Or not. The wierd thing is that the white "teeth" are not that bad IRL. But once seen, it cannot be unseen...

What is this sorcery?! 
      Gah! Even the captions are uninspired. I should probably just go to bed.

77352 Demi Lich
      Bones 2 Core set, 2013, from the Expansion set #1
      Reaper Miniatures
      Sculpted by Julie Guthrie
      Made in Bonesium PVC
      30mm base.
      available from reapermini.com
  • Who's Online   16 Members, 1 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)