Started on these this week, thought I'd throw them up before I went to bed. C&C always appreciated, especially on the antelope, I'm having a hard time think what I could do to improve it, but I think it was too easy to get it looking that good. Underside of the antelope is still a wip, BIGTIME, I've barely started on it. I mean the gorey sinewy muscle for the tips to make better.IMG_20180303_164130.thumb.jpg.d4874b5dcd485599558f208be1b68648.jpg

IMG_20180303_164138.thumb.jpg.ba29df5aa3de9c5cdfe6f5795f0873ff.jpg

IMG_20180303_164618.thumb.jpg.57b5cd2ce98ae24d099ce85cbf8a8336.jpg

KDM story spoilers ahead...

Spoiler

Kingsman, fought at year 6 because he was trying to kill one of our warriors. Resulted in our first death via combat, loss, and TPK. Best session yet, super great.

As for painting, started picking out the faces and hands in gold to see how it looked...

IMG_20180302_165438.thumb.jpg.512d76a574a93d3b00aa70ca8541b612.jpg

Not gonna lie I was a bit disappointed when I looked up other paint jobs for him and found that the gold emboosed areas wasn't a unique Idea I had. >:(

Ah well, everything under the sun and all.

• Like 8

More work done on both but Pictures of the antelope top side.washed with purple then brushed over with quinacridone red transparent. Coat was a mix of burnt sienna base, shading up to yellow ochre via drybrushing, with a black wash somewhere in the middle.

IMG_20180308_165944.jpg

IMG_20180308_165957.jpg

IMG_20180308_170051.jpg

IMG_20180308_170123.jpg

• Like 5

Some work done on the Kingsman over the last few weeks, here's an update.

IMG_20180313_084900.jpg

IMG_20180313_084909.jpg

IMG_20180313_084922.jpg

IMG_20180313_084930.jpg

PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE NYARLATHOTEP IN THE BACKGROUND

Edited by ThirstyBob
  • Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By planetmut
      I rarely do anything artsy to base my figures because despite reading lots of tutorials and buying lots of basing supplies and bits, I always think I'll bugger it up. But last night I decided to give it a go and I'm really happy with how it turned out.

The zombie is 50253 Lucy, Zombie. I painted her wearing blue jeans, a red T-shirt, a black jacket and a pair of Converse All-Stars. Her skin is done with Army Painter Necrotic Flesh and shaded Dark Tone, then highlighted with more Necrotic Flesh mixed with Vallejo Off-White. Her eye is also in Off-White but for some reason I could only get her right eye to look good even after buying an 18/0 brush (yes, a size 000000000000000000 brush) so I just darkened her left eye to try to give the impression she's lost that one. Her hair is done with Army Painter Desert Yellow and highlighted with Army Painter Moon Dust*. Looking at her again I should have added blood around the tears in her jeans, but I can still add that.

The leg is, somewhat ironically, from the Bones 80022 Berkeley, Zombie Hunter. I bought her a few weeks back and was going to paint her a couple of days ago when I discovered her chainsaw is bent. No matter what I tried, including the "warm, straighten and freeze" method, it remained bent so I chucked her in my bits box and bought the metal version. I hacked the leg off the plastic version, drilled a hole in the top and inserted a bone I'd got in a bag of skulls and bones from RBJ Games. I painted the leg Army Green, the boot Desert Yellow, shaded them with Army Painter Dark Tone and highlighted them with their base colours. The blood is a mix I made (see below) and the bone is painted Skeleton Bone and washed with Dark Tone.

The base is made from cork board, painted dark grey and covered in black sand which was then highlighted with lighter greys. In hindsight, it doesn't look *that* good — I probably should have sealed the cork, painted it to look like asphalt and added some sort of road marking. The blood is a mix of several reds (Reaper, Army Painter and Vallejo) plus dark inks (Army Painter) plus some pure Citadel Abbadon Black. For the pool of blood I thinned it with plenty of water and daubed it onto the base. I thinned it even more and used it as a kind of glaze on the leg to get the blood-soaked cloth look. The cork is glued onto a 20mm base but I need to weight it as it's pretty light and, as I discovered this morning, will topple over if the living room fan points at it.

As always, any comments and/or constructive criticism are more than welcome.

*I bought a box set of 104 Army Painter paints and washes when I got back into the hobby as a way of getting a ton of paints quickly and economically. They're pretty good but Reaper and Vallejo paints are way better, so I'm working on building up a collection of them too.
    • By Orlando_the_Technicoloured
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/simonminiatures/the-saga-of-belius-the-black/description
      Belius versus Angus and Branag  

Belius the Black is a giant with mysterious origins. We say about him  that it is the reincarnation of a god, or even,  the guardian of an ancient temple. In short, according to the babarian tribes of the North, it is a black legend  related to Bregan Lorelei’s great-grandfather.

Bélius is a 70 mm figurine sculpted by me, not counting my hours, in order to obtain the incarnation of the warrior of evil, chaos and destruction. The resin cast will be made by Mr Dès, former melter of  Rackham , a pledge of high quality. This project , a range of dark fantasy figurines, is important because I can create from A to Z what i want  while satisfying the fans of my work. 

Indeed,  I have been sculpting figurines for more than 20 years : First, for Rackham for 9 years and then for various freelance brands such as Mierce Miniatures,  Monolith with Conan, Mythic Battles and Claustrophobia which are successful  on Kickstarter.

The Kickstarter platform will allow me to finance the moulds for all the figurines, which are all my personal creations. Knowing that the fans of my work will be able to hold them in hand, paint them, or play with them in any kind of games is really a great pleasure for me. This first step is important because i imagine that these figurines are destined for a game in the future.

Belius is accompanied by two brothers, Angus and Branag (35mm): They are barbarians from northern tribes. They are elite soldiers ready to  do anything to protect their lands and the Elebore Forest from any intrusion in the name of their leader, the demigod Siegfried.

NEXT SG to come:3480€
      BAAL-Thus, 60mm of brutal force!   Shipping informations:
      The shipping costs are the same for all  pledges and for a number of  unlimited miniatures.
      France:7 euros
      UE:8 euros
      Rest of the world:10 euros
    • By planetmut
      Vending Machine Tech (Grade C) Dave thought he'd sneak off to Deck 17 for a quick cig.

Dave can rest in peace knowing the rest of his crew will be dead in 11 hours, the Hyperion mining colony slaughtered by Monday and Earth's population wiped out by July.

(I cannot believe I primed, based, shaded/highlighted the parasite only to end up plastering it in Vallejo Red and B4TBG)

• By Orlando_the_Technicoloured
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/831472366/corvus-corax-miniatures-clansmen-of-caer-loch?ref=hero_thanks

Corvus Corax Miniatures is a small hobby project created in 2013. Since then, three projects have successfully funded on Kickstarter and all have been fully delivered on time without any delays. The feedback from the backers have only been positive. Thanks to the support through Kickstarter, 17 miniatures have been made available.

The goal of this project is to raise funds for the production a total of four (4) miniatures for the Clansmen of Caer Loch. The miniatures will be cast in high quality, non-toxic resin. The scale of the miniatures is 35mm (measuring to the eyes in a standing, straight pose, although some characters may be slightly larger because they are supposed to be large characters).

You can also pick up the other Corvus Corax minis from previous projects as add ons

I've backed the previous projects and been very happy with the results
    • By joshuaslater
      These savages are on Kickstarter.  My first Kickstarter!  There are all kinds of add ons lurking in here too.  Thanks Reaper for providing this forum! 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1648985407/rise-of-the-powrie?ref=creator_nav

• Who's Online   42 Members, 4 Anonymous, 76 Guests (See full list)