Jump to content

  • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

      Only 75 emoji are allowed.

    ×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

    ×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

    ×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By lexomatic
      It this yesterday because it gives me a nice in-between mini from my reaper eldritch demon and my Cthulhu.
      This is about 90 minutes


      Lots of inaccessible spots and texture which makes painting not fun. Will be making this shorter than planned as a result. Everything will get a flesh wash. I'll do some eyes and claws, then a medium and ink wash of the clear plastic water.
    • By stormbreach
      Hi all.  I just finished the Colossal Skeleton that I've had for a couple years now.  For the longest time I was holding off because I was afraid of doing a mini so much bigger than all the rest.  I've gotten some nice reviews on some of my recent stuff so I decided to take the plunge and try my hand at my first large figure.  I have several sets much larger than even this guy so I had to start somewhere.  The closeup pics show how much work I did on the fur for the back lioncloth as well as the wood grain lines I painted on the planks on his right thigh.  I based him on a wooden plaque my mom was getting rid of that I painted black.  I was doing more work on the base, it was supposed to have some more colours in it but I messed up on the drybrushing so I called it finished and hid the mistake with some static grass .  So far one friend has told me the blue rags pull him out of the mini because they look too new and blue while the rest of him is old and rotted.  Maybe he could do with some more staining on the blue but it doesn't bother me much.  Anyways, enough preamble, I hope you all like him enough as my first large mini!
       
      Edit: forgot to apologize for the make-believe "lightbox" photos, but that's how it goes.








    • By Maledrakh
      From WizKids' line of Nolzur's Marvellous Miniatures comes the "Treant", which is D&D-speak for Ent, or Treeman if you are more familar with Warhammer.
      I find this mini looks angry and scary, not like a benevolent living tree shepherd at all. A malevolent one, on the other hand, fits the bill precicely.
      And seeing as I have been painting undead halflings and there is a strong historic connection between Halflings and Treemen as allies; so undead treeman.
      Hence,  Torchwood the Furious here.
       
      Go on, you know you want to go on:

    • By Kangaroorex
      This grouping is a little eclectic because I was experimenting with a new medium. 
       
      While I was at Reapercon, James Wapple introduced me to the joys of using oils to help me work on my tabletop minis and my blending.  When I got home I found I had everything lying around except for some quality thinner so I got some of that, sat down and gave it a try.  He has a number of YouTube videos describing the technique better than I ever could but it basically uses the fact that oils have an exceptionally long drying time to allow for some really nice wet blending without developing chalkyness or the layer steps I always get in dry blending.  The oils being a heavier body also seems to help me give the mini a fur effect of different hairs across the body
       
      What I found was a new method, for me, that should help me clear a lot of army minis and take them from primed to done and looking good in a very short period of time.  First thing I tried wss a whitehorm stag that I had sitting next to my desk when I got home.  It was by wizkids and pre primed so easy pickens
       

      including setup that was about 40 minutes work and my first try.  Next up wss a hippogryph which has been haunting my shelf of shame for 4 years now because I could never get the horse part right

      While not as good on the feathers (feathers aren't easy for me and these are barely scored enough to show detail) I finally got some results on the horsey part that I actually liked:  nice warm red tones and highlights that don't look painted on. The chest feathers in was also able to get some highlights into that don look drybrushed.  And again, this was another 40 minutes or so.
       
      Finally I decided to try some rats that I needed for a (hopefully) upcoming Rangers of Shadow's Deep campaign.  Since the method Scott showed me uses #6 and #8 brushes I was curious how it would work on Such a small mini.  I think it did very well, again giving me noce highlights  in the fur without looking drybrushed and without taking a huge amount of time (30 minutes for the lot)

      Not too bad for my first few tries.  I especially like how the greys and browns turned out but even the white rats have some character.
       
      I am certainly going to give it some more time and minis, both for animals and a huge group of Wrath of Kings minis that have languished in the back of my shelves for years.  Hope you like what you see.  They are my first trys and I really like the results
    • By Mutilatedlips
      Painted this for the Lost Mines of Phandelver module that I am running.  Venomfang will be reoccuring throughout their adventures. 
      I painted this faster than usual, but would not call it speed pained because it still took me about a month. I put a bit more into it than my usual speed paints, but a little less than others. It is always hard from me to take pics of larger models, probably should have taken this one outside, may have benefited from the background trees and grass more than most other models. 
       
       
             
       
            
       
            
       
       
  • Who's Online   27 Members, 1 Anonymous, 42 Guests (See full list)

×