Sign in to follow this  
Chaoswolf

Bubblegum Crisis robot

Elpagg glanced over over the unconscious woman; she'd make an excellent prize to deliver to the cap'n. They would probably get a decent price for her at the slave markets of Nepo-7. Well, if  she lived that long...

The raider shook his head to clear his thoughts. Best to concentrate on right now, he thought, as he continued to loot her cabin. She had jewelry and some tech equipment that would bring in a nice pile of credits; all of this was haphazardly piled on the table as he continued going through the storage compartments of her cabin.

Suddenly, he heard a slight noise come from the other room. Damn! He should have made certain she was alone before he started to ransack her quarters. He drew his pistol and began to approach the other room. As he did so, he saw a small female shape outlined in the light coming through the open doorway.

He grinned to himself, this was getting better and better. "Come on out here, girlie. I promise I ain't gonna hurt ya"

The figure remained motionless for what seemed like ever, but was probably only 30 seconds, then took an uncertain step forward, rising it's hands at the same time.

Something screamed a warning in the back of Elpagg's mind, but it was already too late. The brilliant flash of light and the searing pain from his chest both registered in his brain within milliseconds of each other.

The ELz-1 personal protection droid scanned the raider and confirmed that  he was dead. Performing the same scan on the body of her mistress confirmed that she was still alive, and only slightly injured. Ellie, as her mistress called her, set about securing the cabin against any further intrusion, before running it's first aid programs on the unconscious woman.

This is a  Bubblegum Crisis robot figure from Ground Zero Games that I snagged out of a BoGW a while back, and finally decide to paint.   I wanted 'her' to be a little old and dinged up looking, so I did a lot of weathering to the figure.

I hope you like her!

IMG_1688.thumb.JPG.5b8d6f66b4c7e473da66fbcdb1de16aa.JPG

IMG_1690.thumb.JPG.ac18a6ba85449411437aebda228d7e80.JPG

Edited by Chaoswolf
  • Like 18

25 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

This is some kind of robot figure that I snagged out of a BoGW a while back, and finally decide to paint. If anyone happens to know any info about this figure, please let me know.  I wanted 'her' to be a little old and dinged up looking, so I did a lot of weathering to the figure.

Looks like part of Ground Zero Games Bubblegum Crisis line. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, strawhat said:

Looks like part of Ground Zero Games Bubblegum Crisis line. 

That's what I was thinking as well.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

Looks good, but holy crap? There's Bubblegum Crisis miniatures? BGC was one of the first anime series I ever saw, and it's still near and dear to my heart even today...

I seem to remember back in the day (mid 80's??), there was a cool set of mini's for BGC. Was all the girls suits, some boomers and K-12 troopers. Maybe even leon from AD police? Yah, BGC was one of my first animes (along with Gunbuster, Macross and of course (though not anime) Big G!), wish Kenichi Sonada would have finished this one. Working for Books Nippan, I got to see and acquire all kinds of cool anime product:rolleyes:

• Like 1

What a cool story! Unofrtunately I havent had the chance to watch the anime but heard a lot about it.. Another point in my to-do list for sure.. 

And for the mini, I tip my hat off to you good Sir, especially to the perfect weathering and the coolest base. 

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Chaoswolf
      Here's the official arrival/departure thread for round 8 of the Box of Goodwill.

Remember, no chatter here, please. Do it here instead:

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/85639-box-of-goodwill-round-8-picturechatter-thread/

Generic Fighter---sent 5/4
      AHY79---arrived 5/6, sent 5/16
      Pineapple---arrived 5/18, sent 5/22
      3vil3lvis---arrived 5/25, sent 5/29
      ObiJohn27
      Hungerfan--arrived 6/18,
      Synistar
      Generic Fighter

Clearman---sent 4/20
      Crowley---arrived 4/22, sent 4/27
      Dilvish the Deliverer---arrived 4/29, sent5/11
      TripleH---arrived 5/13, sent 5/20
      KangarooRex---arrived 5/22, sent 6/8
      Cassu  dropped out
      Lidless Eye---arrived 6/10, sent 6/17
      Sylverthorne---arrived 6/19
      Clearman

Inarah---sent 4/19
      Broonkah---arrived 4/22, sent 4/30
      Gaming Dog---arrived 5/2, sent 5/10
      Argentee--arrived 5/14, sent 5/17
      Izzy Lobo---arrived 5/20, sent 6/1
      Kristof65---arrived 6/3, sent 6/4
      MattParody---arrived 6/10, sent 6/19
      Fire Eyes---arrived 6/22
      Inarah

PCKTLNT---sent 4/30
      Mutilated Lips---arrived 5/4, sent 5/11
      Warlady---arrived..., sent 5/23
      Sanael---arrived 5/25, sent 5/31
      Hiddenone32---arrived 6/3, sent 6/6
      Keianna---arrived 6/8, sent 6/18
      Dr.Bob
      PCKTLNT

Rob Dean---sent 4/29
      Autumn Hare---arrived 5/2, sent 5/6
      Ratmaster2000---arrived 5/8, sent 5/10
      SGHawkins09---arrived 5/11, sent 5/17
      Horned Turtle---arrived 5/21, sent 5/28
      Marc---arrived 5/30, sent 6/12
      TGP---arrived 6/13,
      Cygnwulf
      Rob Dean

Guindyloo---sent 5/4
      Chris Palmer---arrived 5/7, sent 5/13
      Holk Diggity---arrived 5/15, sent 5/20
      Samurai Jack---arrived 5/23, sent 5/30
      McKenna35---arrived 6/1, sent 6/5
      Wyvernfire---arrive 6/9, sent 6/19
      Buckyball
      Jodie
      Guindyloo

Rat13---sent 4/23
      Klarg1---arrived 4/25, sent 4/30
      Pingo---arrived 5/4, sent 5/6
      Talespinner---arrived...,  sent 5/17
      Morihalda---arrived 5/18, sent...
      Disserma---arrived 6/14
      Marineal
      Rat13

Chaos Wolf---sent 4/27
      Mad Jack---arrived 4/29, sent 5/20
      Haldir---arrived 5/23, sent 6/6
      Corsair---arrived 6/10, sent 6/17
      Glitterwolf
      Mini Dungeon Master
      Flit
      Chaos Wolf

Have fun!!

• By Citrine
      These are the plastic Wyrd 20620 Wild Boars (Ulix).  I picked them for a quick tabletop paint job.  Unlike many of the Wyrd plastic minis these where easy to glue together.
      May they eat many adventurers, but no more druids... 
      One of my early characters, a level one druid, was killed by a wild boar in the very first playing session after she failed her animal handling roll.  In the decades since, any time I see see a nasty pig figure I say that is the one that killed my druid.  So one of these nasty critters is surely the one!

• By Rigel
      "Greetings. I hear tell. As some of you in this town. Fancy yourselves Tinkerers."

Robots in hats are always great. And I've done enough shiny new 'bots for a while. So here's a rusty bucket-of-bolts in a battered bowler! Tried to make any remaining paint look battered and chipped.

Also, here is M4R1A, clearly a Metropolis reference. But I got an idea in my head and made her into a clockwork angel with watch-part wings and a double halo of glory. 

Guest appearances by 91002, Hellstromme, 80031, Decker Lugstampf, and 59009, Mad Scientist (Female), who have already gotten their own Weird West posts elsewhere. 
    • By Maledrakh
      Labella DeMornay, Banshee from the first Bones kickstarter, This is a green translucent, and like all translucents I undercoated it first with Army Painter Anti Shine Matt Varnish, so the following washes would have something to adhere to. This is key to painting translucents. Also, make sure to use transparent paints, like inks and quickshade washes. Opaque paints will invariably ruin the translucent effect. The green tinge of the plastic will affect any transparent colours that are used, and so this must be taken into consideration. For her brown hair, I used Citadel Carroburg Crimson shade (a dark red). The skin is Citadel Casandora Yellow Shade, the dress is old Citadel Blue glaze (red flip-cap hex pot) and ditto Turquoise glaze. Taking care to draw off any pooling and to avoid unsightly tide marks by smoothing with a damp brush while wet. The aim is to tint the translucent plastic, not sp much paint over it, or even "shade" it. Not sure how pleased I am with the results here. I think the results could have been much better if the plastic was clear not green tinged.

77096 Labella DeMornay, Banshee
      Reaper Miniatures, Bones 1 KS 2013
      Sculpted by Julie Guthrie
      Translucent green Bonesium PVC.
      30mm round lipped base
    • By Rigel
      There was a sale, so I got a sweet robot lady from Bombshell! I painted her gold and silver, "Metropolis"-style. Then I remembered I had some shiny gold chainmail rings, and parlayed those into haloes. 

BUT IT WASN'T ENOUGH. 
      I used to live in a house whose former occupant was a watchmaker, and he left behind a bunch of stuff neither his heirs (if any) or the landlord cared for, so I am rich in watch parts. While I was digging through the collection for suitable embellishments for Wyrmgear, I came across a bunch of watch hands, and those would be perfect for mechanical feathers. (Side note: I love the little wings on WotC Modrons, but hate that they have bird feathers instead of something more metallic.)

Gluing them on was a challenge,

but it got done! Then I found the perfect bit to use as a shoulder joint: 

And I was able to affix them to that 'backpack' on her back. 

Here she is with some sort of Celestial detector/sceptre/gauge. Glory be! 

• Who's Online   34 Members, 2 Anonymous, 45 Guests (See full list)