Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
I'm working on a conversion for my partner's character in our Swords and Wizardry campaign. She's a half-elf rogue with red hair that dual-wields swords, but unfortunately Reaper doesn't sell an exact figure of that type. There are a couple of other figures that might have worked but we both really liked Lanelle's base, so I took on the task of converting her to wield two swords and carry a shield on her back.
The sword conversion wasn't too difficult; I bought three copies of Lanelle so I could take the sword from one and have a third as a back-up in case I messed something up. I carefully snipped off the sword, and used a pin vise to attach it. I used the baking soda and superglue combo to patch up a few small gaps. The shield was harvested from a 77024 goblin mini, and has a little pin in it which will attach to her back. I'm keeping them separate for now to ease painting.
The original figure; this is the backup.
The successful conversion; the red hair is stained from a previous attempted paint job that was removed with Simple Green.
You can see the gaps a little on this side, but they've very minor and I believe paint will help disguise it later.
There are no visible gaps on the outside.
The shield will be attached right in the center of of her back; if positioned correctly I think it'll
just reach the sheath on her belt and give the illusion that the dagger is just hidden behind the shield.
The donor shield and unhappy goblin; I think this mini will make a nice battle-scarred goblin with a tragic past.
The term was introduced into evolutionary biology by L. A. Borradaile, who described it as "one of the many attempts of Nature to evolve a crab". 1916.
It is believed to have independently occurred 5 times.
or a wizard did it.
this was a 45min conversion at reapercon hobby hijinx tables. Made from an angel, drider and flail snail, painted as hermit crab.
if I did another, it would be easier to paint the drider as a sea-elf instead of adding a new mini. Not sure why I would want a second, but it was fun to make!
I looked back a few months and didn't see any group/open WIPs so maybe nobody does them anymore. I have been around long enough to remember when they were a thing so I'm willing to give it a go.
This thread is for anyone to post their work in progress shots from the Dungeons and Lasers kickstarter, be it figures, props or terrain. Or animal companions. Or dragons. Really you have options.
I am starting with the wooden cottage. I went to the store and purchased some DecoArt craft paints to use for my terrain. They were chosen by eye for how they should look but I need to paint something to see if they do work.
First, priming! I have white, I have black. I went black.
There's no pic of it, but after this I gave my test piece a wash of dioxazine purple mixed with a little black. It will just make sure the black is not a "pure" black. Then I went over all the raised details with a heavy layer of Dark Chocolate. More than anything this is just to cover up the black and make a base for the actual wood paints.
This was followed up with my two base colors, Milk Chocolate and Burnt Sienna. Picking out individual boards was a bit too tedious for for terrain and doesn't really give me much benefit. For the rest of it I'll just paint the Burnt Sienna in patches.
The grid is somewhat disguised here, but if it is too disguised that also is a problem. I plan to make each square darker in the middle and then lighter around the edges. This calls for some Honey Brown.
I got some Honey Brown in the wood grain so I did an experiment with two different ink washes to restore the wood grain. One was Raw Umber, the other was Burnt Umber. To the naked eye I thought the Burnt Umber was a little richer in tone, but in practice I don't think it will matter.
Honey Brown back around the exterior.
And pop the edges with some Buttermilk. A bit much? Probably so. I tried a half-step with the Honey Brown/Buttermilk but it wasn't quite right either. The detail is deep enough though that I can just go back over it with the Honey Brown and not worry about building up too much paint.
And more to come!
Hello everyone, I'm mostly done with the second Ogre, I just need to do some touch ups. It's clubbing time, the Ogre way! This one is the 77454, Ogre Clubber sculpted by Bobby Jackson. I swapped the top of its club with that of the 77455, Ogre Smasher. I also added a skull at his waist belt on the left side. As always I used Reaper MSP paint.
77455, Ogre Smasher and 77454, Ogre Clubber
Hello everyone, I'm currently working on an Ogre gang and completed the painting on this model last night. This is a 77455, Ogre Smasher sculpted by Bobby Jackson. I swapped the top of its club with that of the 77454, Ogre Clubber. I also added three more skulls at his waist belt. it was all painted with Reaper MSP paint. I will complete the base later since I may add more elements to it.
Who's Online 14 Members, 2 Anonymous, 32 Guests (See full list)