Off With His Head!: An Open Head Swap Topic

21 minutes ago, Dr.Bedlam said:

You've got me thinking now about where I can find cheap figures dressed in Napoleonic style uniforms with flintlock pistol and sword... and a supply of cheap hippos.

The fish head for my conversion came from a dollar store bag of animals and I have seen some in scale hippos over the years.

• Like 6

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, as Glitterwolf said; plastic Napoleonics are easy and inexpensive to come by.  Though for the hippos, as both Glitterwolf and Rat replied, you will have to get some bags of cheap plastic jungle animals.  Outside of a local dollar type store, Amazon or Ebay will be you friend there...

• Like 4

On 3/25/2018 at 2:31 PM, Dr.Bedlam said:

Those both actually look pretty good.

You've got me thinking now about where I can find cheap figures dressed in Napoleonic style uniforms with flintlock pistol and sword... and a supply of cheap hippos.

giff.jpg

If this results in actual figures being made, you GOTTA post some pictures!:winkthumbs:

• Like 2

Been nosing around for cheap Prussian officers or general Napoleonics... weirdly enough, I already HAVE a supply of hippos.

Boy, there's a line for "Out Of Context D&D," ain't it?

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

I have been swapping heads & other body parts, on minis that is, for as long as I have been doing toy soldier/miniatures. 

The last batch of Pumpkin Heads had some home grown Jack O'Lanterns. AND now I'm playing around with the idea of

making my own chibish style heads for the kit bashed bodies. This is a kind of Munchausen look head swap:

DSCN6250.thumb.JPG.53ec3f3f9636c4e25c0ab807ff505dd5.JPGDSCN6251.thumb.JPG.fbf6a70fe4ebb5859a90a8c0886fda3a.JPG

with a closeup:

DSCN6252.thumb.JPG.3b93d224f065a3b0ff17995ba1e15d65.JPG

I have some ideas for Zombie/Revenant heads & G.W. parts as well. 

• Like 11

11 hours ago, Rat13 said:

This turned out really well, your basing gave it a fairytale feel too.

Thanks, Rat. I have been doing my stuff with a Faerie Tale feel for awhile...Faerie Tales can be pretty horrifying.

2 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Awesome!

Thanks, Glitter...glad you like him.

• Like 1