02181: Sirithis, Succubus

Another older sculpt I wanted to knock out real quick, this was maybe three hours’ work (not counting stepping away to let paint dry, etc.). To be honest, it looked amazing when everything was just a basecoat, it’s the parts after that that throw me. Anyway, Sirithis (links for nudity):

Front

Back

Still haven’t found a nipple color that works. The search continues. Comments and critiques welcome.

• Like 13

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Sophie was taken said:

Another older sculpt I wanted to knock out real quick, this was maybe three hours’ work (not counting stepping away to let paint dry, etc.). To be honest, it looked amazing when everything was just a basecoat, it’s the parts after that that throw me. Anyway, Sirithis (links for nudity):

Front

Back

Still haven’t found a nipple color that works. The search continues. Comments and critiques welcome.

Looks good!

As for the nipple colour.

I mix Reaper Rosy Skin with a small touch of Reaper Clotted Red.

You can see the result on Kyra the Barbarian Queen Bust or my WIP for Anne Bonnie Pirate Queen.

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/63938-kabuki-bust-ky-ra-female-barbarian-16-scale-by-glitterwolf/&/topic/63938-kabuki-bust-ky-ra-female-barbarian-16-scale-xherman1964/?hl=bust

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 2

For nipple color, depending on skin tone, I mix the color into usually my midtone flesh color. For caucasion, I use a dark pink and a little tan with my skin color. For dark skin, I use a dark red and a touch of purple with some of my shadow color mixed with my midtone skin color. Keeping the skin color in there helps it seem more natural in my opinion.

I really like the reds you chose for the skirt and wings!

• Like 1

Echoing what Pochi said, use a midtone or darker skin color for the nipples. You could also use either the brown or red from the wings, mixed with her flesh tone, for that.  It would also work well for a natural lip color. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the tips, everyone. I’ll have to experiment some next time. Anyway, in this case I used a mix of BCA Pink and Tanned Skin (which was darker than my midtown). Unfortunately, BCA Pink  looks suspiciously like Pepto-Bismol, and my mix ended up looking like Pepto-Bismol with some tan paint mixed in it <_<

Also, my mini seemed to be lacking a sculpted nipple, which threw things off.   

As for the skirt and wings, both are MSP Blood Red, with a drop of Tanned Highlight added to the wings. Added a thin layer of GW Agrax Earthshade (was in a hurry and don’t care about cheating) and some Candlelight Yellow for highlighting and that’s that. 

It’s not going to win any awards, but looks very nice for tabletop.

• Like 1