• Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Crowley
      Since I got a bunch of Bones Ghasts from Bones 2... or was it 3?  Bones 4? Whatever. But I wanted to do something to make them all a little different. So a few simple cuts, and a couple of drops of glue... and I've got some variety in my Ghasts.

Now to paint them!

• By haldir
      So browsing MM for their BF sale & I come across this from Citadel/GW

All the title says is Citadel Colour Spray Stick & there is no description, other then

Manf: Games Workshop
      Contents:
      1 Spray Stick
      1 Detachable Handle
      50 Elastic Bands

Instantly I thought it was rubber band shooter, but it got me to look at GW's website to see what purpose this actually does: 

Ie something I can accomplish with double stick tape & a piece of cardboard......sigh.
    • By HolkDiggity
      Hey, all!

Over the course of Bones 5, there were a few models that I was hoping for. I would say that Reaper totally exceeded my expectations and covered about 90% of my personal hopes. One of the things that wasn't in there was an Azer. For those of you who don't know, an Azer is a creature from the plane of fire, and they resemble Dwarves. They are so hot that their heads are covered in flames, and often this heat causes their weapons to be set aflame as well.

Since I had an extra Dark Dwarf Pounder from my November order, I figured that I'd try my hand at a conversion. I have exactly zero experience with sculpting other than filling gaps or making a rock or two, but I have YouTube, so why not? The first thing that I did was get the model and choose a base to put it on. I went with a simple flagstone base from Secret Weapon.

Next, I shaved off and filed down the little "3 Nail" sigil that these dudes wear. I like that Sigil just fine, but its more representative of Duergar than an Azer, so off it comes. I also clipped away the oval base and filed the feet to be flat.

Next, I washed the model and pinned it to a cork. I also washed the base and drilled a hole for the pin, and then stuck that on a cork as well. Once the model was dry, I mixed up some Green Stuff and followed along with a step-by-step for fire that I found online. Basically, you start with a cone and stick it down. I put it on the Dwarf's head, and then used a thin tool to push down the edges of the cone into the head and shoulders. Then, I used tweezers to twist and pull the top of the cone into a sort of whirlwind. Then, dipping the tweezers in water to keep them from sticking, I took sections of the Green Stuff and pulled outward and twisted. Once I had the flames the way I wanted them, I went back in with the tool and made more indentations in the fire. I did the same thing with the flames on the weapon.

I'm waiting for him to dry and cure right now, and then I'll get on to priming him and painting him up this weekend! Stay tuned!
    • By Kev!
      Howdy,

For International Mini Painting Month I'm recruiting...

Raise it,
      Kev!
    • By nervisfr
      hey guys,

Started from that big guy (a LOTR figurine) ;

With a Grenadier 28mm for comparison scale 

then after a  surgical action ;

Cheers
      Eric
  • Who's Online   28 Members, 1 Anonymous, 31 Guests (See full list)