Sign in to follow this  
SamuraiJack

Heresylab - Scifi Heresy Girls - Miniature Set

About

THE PROJECT

Over the past decade I have directly assisted multiple miniature companies achieve success with their projects. I have both broad and lengthy experience in the miniature industry. My previous work has covered all aspects of miniature production from design to manufacturing, and ranges from working with metal to resin and also plastic materials. Now I am creating my own line of high quality figures and am asking for your help to meet my goals. This project will begin with 10 figures and will expand to add more figures, add-ons, and freebies. If a picture is worth a thousand words than these images should speak for themselves.

Thank you for your interest and support!

THE MODELS

dea3e20004488702610cb59324a91333_origina

STRETCH GOALS

641ee2547c04d2bdfb2368f8317477ac_origina

• Like 3

I kind of like some of these .. but I'm a bit confused by the pledge levels .. $60 gets you all 10 core minis plus all the stretches.  Then, $70 gets you the STL files, but not actual minis.. and $75 gets you one 75mm mini..

They don't appear to be cumulative like other KS's I've backed.. 

1 minute ago, eldamir said:

I kind of like some of these .. but I'm a bit confused by the pledge levels .. $60 gets you all 10 core minis plus all the stretches.  Then, $70 gets you the STL files, but not actual minis.. and $75 gets you one 75mm mini..

They don't appear to be cumulative like other KS's I've backed.. 

Yeah, that confused me as well...I don't know why they didn't do cumulative up to 10 core minis, then have the 75mm and 55mm minis after that point. It isn't clear how to get everything in the campaign.

Additionally, re-reading the page, the creator mentions participating in crowdfunding projects in the past, but does not cite which ones, and this is marked as his first kickstarter. His idea of the delays possible don't account for a couple of different ones I've seen, such as legal issues... And finally, he doesn't say how he plans to avoid being slowed down by them. 

All matters considered, I'm personally unlikely to end up backing in the end, unless updates end up being clearer than the initial posting (even if a couple of miniatures are really pretty)

• Confused 1

Clarification:

image.png.a88d3234d56b3993923cad3bbb24786f.png

I also am unlikely to back it.. I had some of the same concerns (and I'm supposed to be paying down debt instead of backing more mini kickstarters)

Also, Kickstarter says Heresy Lab is out of Chicago IL but their webstore prices are in euros..

• Like 1

I think he means he backed other projects when he states 'participated'... 

the webstore also allows you to select US$ and GBP£

now, what i don't like is that Heresylab's KS profile states Milwaukee, Wi... nd that he's using a 'privacy' registrar for his domain, and that his site is hosted in Italy, possibly somewhere in Toscana?

There's also no 'about us' page on their website explaining who they are, where they're base, VAT registration, phone numbers or anything you'd reasonably expect to find. 

Of course, using a privacy registrar does cut down on the spam... 

nd the Italian server job may be because it was cheaper than a Us server. the fact it defaults to Euro can be just a sucky store front-end with default settings...

Most probably, they're just unprofessional, not a scam, though.

They have a good number of minis I wouldn't mind owning, but for now I'm staying out of it. 

• Like 4

Unless specific examples are given of his design/sculpting/manufacturing experience in the miniatures industry, I wouldn't even consider backing.

I've been burned before.

• Like 2

I think it is an unfortunate choice of name, since it invites confusion with Heresy Miniatures.

Edited by alchemist
  • Like 5

Definitely some interesting designs, but wow, those are quite a few red flags from various people in short order.. 

... Not to mention the pricing...  Or that adding on a larger model is one that's just 3D printed, not sculpted and cast... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gadgetman! said:

They have a good number of minis I wouldn't mind owning, but for now I'm staying out of it. 

I think I'll see if they survive the kickstarter and then pick up the ones that I want via their webstore.

4 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Or that adding on a larger model is one that's just 3D printed, not sculpted and cast... 

yeeeahhh.... that seemed kinda sketchy from a price/value perspective..

• Like 3

The sculpted eyelashes look weird to me and would severely limit any attempt to paint these women in anything but heavy makeup. After looking at a bunch of the figures I started to see the eyelashes like that embarrassing old fake epicanthic fold stage makeup they used to put on white actors playing Asians.

I like being able to paint the expression I want on my figures’ faces, and that includes whether they are wearing false eyelashes or indeed any makeup at all.

Also, what’s up with Col Gurten Lena? She’s fat, and her shirt has tension folds at the buttons, but it curves right around her breasts in a way that shirts exactly don’t but that makes her look essentially naked.

17 minutes ago, alchemist said:

I think it is an unfortunate choice of name, since it invites confusion with Heresy Miniatures.

That confused me too. I thought, “Man, that doesn’t look like his style ...”

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Pingo said:

Also, what’s up with Col Gurten Lena? She’s fat, and her shirt has tension folds at the buttons, but it curves right around her breasts in a way that shirts exactly don’t but that makes her look essentially naked.

It's not a shirt, it's bodypaint...

• Like 2