72moonglum

Grenadier Cleric, 2018 and yesteryear

52 minutes ago, dice4hire said:

I like how the robes are different in each version. ALso how one version looks better fed than the other.

That’s because his belly is highlighted better!

I quite like your idea for this thread.

Always enjoy seeing the older minis painted up and your comparison makes it even better.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Sophie was taken said:

Very nice! Out of curiosity, what sort of base is the older mini affixed to?

The older one is just glued to a little square of balsa wood that I painted over brown. That’s how I used to base all my minis back then. No idea why. 

For what Mirliton is charging for that KS, you can pretty much buy the original sets online, sometimes even still in the box...

• Like 1

Great comparison! The faces on both are so expressive in different ways. The new guy seems nice. The older fellow... reminds me of Gowron from TNG.

• Like 1

On 3/7/2018 at 5:40 PM, Mad Jack said:

For what Mirliton is charging for that KS, you can pretty much buy the original sets online, sometimes even still in the box...

Yeah, that's the great irony of it, it's cheaper and easier/quicker to buy the originals than to sign up for the Kickstarter.  

I really do want to support that Kickstarter, because I really am in favor of supporting old school minis, that's mostly what I paint and enjoy, but it just seems (at least to me) that you're not really getting anything out of it besides the miniatures at pretty much normal cost.  It has always seemed to me that Kickstarters I've either supported or wanted to support always gave you some kind of nice value in exchange for supporting them (Reaper being a very good example), but the Grenadier Kickstarter seems to fly in the face of that.  

They have already met their initial goals, so they will probably be producing what they've advertised and it will sooner or later be on their web site.  I'll just wait for things to come on retail.

Excellent paint job, you can certainly see how much you learned since way back when!:winkthumbs:

• Like 1