Sign in to follow this  
alchemist

Otherworld Miniatures - Medusa

Really nice whites on her chiton.

And aren't Bones great for cheap statues?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jordan Peacock said:

I really like the "cool" shadow look to the white robes.  Is the flagstone texture on the base custom work?  (E.g., putty?)

Thanks, the base was made using a base stamp (Basius, if I recall correctly).

6 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Wonderful job!

She Rocks!

<_<I see what you did there, Glitterwolf...

Nice looking Medusa. I see so many minis of her that have the snake lower half and her boobs hanging out, but this one is really nice and a bit more in line with what I'd be looking for in a medusa if I was ever going to use her. I'll have to remember to keep an eye out for this mini. Love your petrified heroes/statues. All rather static poses, so their good for that utility. Nicely done.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Kev!
      Howdy,

Trying something new... 

Click through for lightbox pics!

Thanks,
      Kev!
    • By Kev!
      Howdy,

Trying something new... 

Click through for lightbox pics!

Thanks,
      Kev!
    • By Sanael
      Got a little bored with the half-finished things on my desk (which explains why they're all half finished and over two years old... Or eight years, in one case...), So I decided I'd start on something I've wanted to paint to a high level for a long time.

Jeff Grace did a magnificent job sculpting this snake lady, and offering a lot of wonderful opportunity for painters. Although I love love looooooove Marike Reimer's subtly colored studio paint job, I wanted something with a bit more color... Beautiful as they are, Diamondbacks aren't the only snakes in the world, and I like snake-folk that aren't just Brown or green.

So I'm talking inspiration from the lovely Redbellied Snake, a small species of the Eastern USA. Maybe too docile a species to expect as a Gorgon, but I don't mind. Look at the color!

So the plan is to go with the highly saturated red-orange of her scutes, abdomen and face, the relatively dull brown of her back, and a pale bluey green for her dress (I suppose the dress is more or less a chiton, but the more I've looked at it, the more it starts looking like a peplos with sleeves and a very small himation...I dunno). I also intend transparency on the garment, which is why I stayed inside the lines about as well as a kindergartner on Red Bull.

This is about 15 minutes of work, that's all I had during lunch today. I also did not write down my paints, so I'll get that formula tomorrow. I am super excited about that red-orange, though!
    • By MiniDungeonMaster
      My first show off thread! Not because I am prouder of these than anything else, more that these were close to hand when I considered taking photos and keeping more of a visual record of my mini painting adventures.

OH's dad and partner got me these, amongst other, Otherworld Miniatures for Christmas and I thought these were really fun sculpts! I did these in one evening (and maybe another half hour the next day), and I'm happy with their table-top level quality. I used aquarium plant on the bases and I'm thinking I may go back and paint over that as it is quite bold- but for now I consider these done! 

Unfortunately I can't foresee these swamp-dwellers making an appearance in my City dwelling d&d campaign, but you never know! 

• By Kev!
      Howdy,

What'll ya have...

Kev!
  • Who's Online   23 Members, 1 Anonymous, 162 Guests (See full list)