Sign in to follow this  
odinsgrandson

His Majesty the Dragon King (Kingdom Death)

To me, there is something deeply unsettling about Kingdom Death minis (and I don't mean that as a bad thing). This one is no exception. Your paint work enhances that quality quite well. Probably the most disturbingly beautiful dragon I've seen.  Very well done.

• Like 3

Great job!

Somehow this sculpt reminds me a bit of the Everblight Legion miniatures from Privateer Press.

• Like 4

Wow, that's amazing. I thought that first pic was concept art until I noticed your little ninja painter in the corner. The lava base is superbly executed.

• Like 4

How on earth did you do that? It seriously reads as concept art. It's truly amazing. I would love to see more close ups - I love the KD minis and you've really done an awesome job here!

This is a gorgeous execution of an imposing piece. I don't find this as weirdly off-putting as many of the other Kingdom Death minis, but it's an amazing beast and the colour palette is magnificent.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Glitterwolf
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/263291121/titancraft-customizable-boss-monsters?ref=recommendation-projectpage-footer-4

NOTE: You can choose one demo monster ( skull or abberattion) I chose a batwinged skull and added horns to try it.
    • By aku-chan
      Presenting Angry Joe, the last of my Survivors from the Gigalion expansion from Kingdom Death. He believes the best defence against monsters is to wear a suit made of their skin.

Had a lot of fun painting this one, Gorm armour is my favourite set despite all the little details, now I just need to paint the Gigalion itself.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly recieved.
    • By aku-chan
      Presenting Skully, the third member of my Gigalion expansion from Kingdom Death. She likes skulls and has a pet rock.

I think this is the weakest of the Survivors, it's not a bad mini but it's a bit of an awkward sculpt that doesn't make a whole lot of sense out of context. Was still fun to paint though.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By aku-chan
      Presenting Lady Fancy Hair, my second Survivor from the Gigalion expansion from Kingdom Death, she's into whips and leather belts.

Had this one sitting unfinished for a while (I got burnt out painting her fancy hair), but as I currently have a renewed interest in my Kingdom Death stuff, I thought I'd try and get her finished.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By Ooook
      What's better to start my KS Bones topic than Mr. Bones himself ?

(bigger pics on my blog : click the pic to go there)

(click on the pic to view more)

And some treasure/objective tokens with Bones bits and various other stuff (Alkemy, Oathsworn Miniatures, GW, and even Ex-Illis) :

• Who's Online   24 Members, 2 Anonymous, 39 Guests (See full list)