Sign in to follow this  
SamuraiJack

A thief tale: Ars Draconis

About

070990ee26d49e6980c08007f6bfd0da_origina

In “A thief tale: Ars Draconis” we put ourselves in Thyra’s shoes, a young woman whose skills as a thief have turned her into one of the Citadel’s most wanted. She will be assisted by many fascinating allies who will help her solve all the puzzles hidden in this huge Victorian city, its intrigues, conspirations, and of course find the answers to the gaps in her knowledge about her past.

9490e33cc3f56181a1e5e8b177375dee_origina

8d928ba8ab8e59d09e2efb75de76e6e8_origina

In an island amid the vast ocean the wind whispers rumours about an ancestral object… Thyra, a reputed thief herself, won’t let the opportunity of acquiring such an object go away, and she will try to make the most out of it – whether that implies selling it to the highest bidder or using it. But the mysterious object attracts the attention of the three factions fighting for the Citadel’s control, and they will do anything to get it for themselves… even if that means burning the city down.

2d6c02d06ad658e4c9d9d3d0d12fbb61_origina

1253b12a17bbfd230869c7393be23f94_origina

"A thief tale: Ars Draconis" uses the basic mechanics that have made 2D action games wonderful and challenging, We wanted the gameplay to be familiar to all those who love the genre and at the same time to add unique elements from multiple videogame and tabletop role-playing games genres, creating an experience that invites players to stay in The Citadel.

Experience a hectic adventure

In this narrative, inspired in pen-and-paper roleplaying games, you will enjoy an elaborate and extensive adventure full of secrets, conspirations and charming characters who will appear along the three possible paths through which you can decide the Citadel’s destiny. Aside from the main plot you will have several sub-plots available, all of which will help Thyra see the events in a whole new light.

We estimate about 40 to 45 hours of gameplay including all plots but... there will always be some new secret in store for you in the Broken Valley Island!

Two heads are better than one

Thyra won’t be living this adventure by herself — her odd friend Sokrattes will be by her side from one end to the other and advise you in key scenarios. Even better — you can switch between both of them and pick the best solution to each one of the situations you’ll have to face throughout this adventure!

And what is more, if we reach our multiplayer goal, you will be able to play both characters at the same time with the help of a friend.

Clean-cut pixel art

The world in “A thief tale: Ars Draconis” revolves around a victorian city full of retrofuturistic and fantastic elements. Everything in the game, from scenarios and characters to animations, is created using traditional pixelation techniques. We aim to honor those classic games that made us, both the old and new generations, enjoy so much back in the day. To do this we rely on our pixel artist, who has more than ten years of experience in the field.

An unforgettable soundtrack

We are decided to dedicate as much time and effort as possible to create a soundtrack able to transmit each and every sensation Thyra will feel in the numerous and assorted settings that the Citadel has to offer. To achieve that we have bet on orchestral integration with classic chiptune, giving a retro and epic feel to every situation. This being a very complex task, our studio counts on one of the best Galician musicians, who has been on tour both in Spain and Europe with renowned artists as Jose Rubio or Pacho Brea.

Pick your weapon

Our combat mechanics are based on old-school action games and platformers, to which we have added a wide variety of weapons and gadgets that will make for a dynamic combat, allowing Thyra to mirror the player’s preferred combat style.

As any self-respecting thief, Thyra will have to be stealthy and always go for the most discreet way to do things. We have implemented a complete system where everything counts: the sound of our steps, the enemies’ field of vision, and even the noise we make when we knock out (or kill) any guard standing between us and our goal.

Exploring the Citadel

From the beginning we’ve been adamant about offering you a world in which you will be able to find the path that better suits you and shape your own story. That’s why the Citadel is an open world environment for you to explore to its full extent; be it to learn about its history, steal valuable treasures or plan your next heist as you think best.

27572959a4aa8b0149ecc748534b9728_origina

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/greebo-games/primal-scales-reptiles-and-savage-women-for-fantas

About
      Depending on the amount of orders received for each project, delivery dates might vary. The initial shipment dates indicated are not final, and even though we're committed to giving all our customers the best service we can, sometimes the amount of orders received might make the final shipment date vary compared to our initial estimates. Please keep this possibility in mind before placing your order.
      Regarding both the bundles and the stretch goals described above, no swaps of model of any kind are allowed. Therefore, please don’t ask us to swap any stretch goal with other add-ons or any perk models with other miniatures, because that cannot be done.
      By pledging to this campaign, you are stating that you have read and understood all terms and conditions described therein and are accepting them. Therefore, all subsequent interactions with Greebo Games regarding this pledge will have to take this fact into consideration 
      In order: Comparative size between physical prodotypes - Digital Paint for Karimat Blitzer - Karimat's physical prototypes Those who pledge to the project will have a team made of several exclusive miniatures, and these will never be available in the store. This might sound peculiar, since most “KickStarter exclusive” pieces are not part of the teams per se, but rather, optional miniatures, or less important ones. What we’re talking about here, fellas, is giving each backer limited edition models. Later on, people will find different ones in the store, and they won’t simply be mirrored versions, or the same model with an added shoulder pad: they’re going to be different pieces, with different poses and clothed differently. Our goal is to create something that will be more precious, and largely exclusive for our backers, but something that will also retain its price – and that’s why you won’t find any miniatures with outrageous price tags on them, “cause hey, they’re limited edition!”. Nope:  the price will stay exactly the same. 
      Will it be worth it to wait more time in order to be sure to receive a custom team, made of detailed pieces created by talented sculptors, with limited edition models, dedicated stretch goals expressly for gaming purposes (as opposed to “stuff to collect dust on top of a shelf”), for the price of a KickStarter campaign that will surely not be the same of the team in the store?
      The choice is entirely up to you all
    • By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1947678637/kuzunoha-the-fox-of-shinoda-and-other-stories?ref=discovery_category_newest

About
      Hi to all and welcome in my new Kickstarter campaign! this is a little campaign, composed by three busts. Each of them is a part of a story, a legend born from folklore or...yes, why not, by me. So, let's begin to show you my three last works!
        Kuzunoha, the fox of Shinoda (large size bust)
       Kuzunoha is a popular kitsune in the japanese folklore. She was the kami of Shinoda's temple and, assuming human form, she got married with the poet Abe no Yasuna. From this love was born Seimei, a legendary Wizard. Foxes, in Japanese mitology are powerful demons and i feel myself linked to this mystical figure. Kuzunoha is a  resin bust high 10 cm and composed by four components to assemble with glue and paint. 
      Windo the traveler (Small size bust) 
      Windo is a little bust high 5cm and composed by three components. Windo is a mage...a bard and an old traveler. He tell stories to every one that want to speak with him. 
      Sometime, when I play with my immagination, I like to think that Windo is myself in the next 30 and in another world full of magic...yes...for me is really funny. So, take a look! 
      this is Windo!
        Le Chat, the monster hunter (Kickstarter edition) (large size bust)
      Le Chat is already produced but this model is really important for me so I wanna give him some optional part and create some new version of this model. This character is inspired by the cat with the boots and  by some videogame. Is an interesting kit composed by much components, much of them optional. In this special edition, Le chat has two optional medallion, a chaos star and an head cat! Hope that you like this model high 8 cm and composed by 10 components ( optional parts included)
         Medallions of Lechat Kickstarter edition
        IMPORTANT!!! In this campaign the principal rewards are two LARGE SIZE BUSTS and one SMALL SIZE BUST so, if you choose only one of the two busts, you'll be able to order  Kuzunoha or Le Chat at the end of the campaign!
      the optional medallions of Le Chat At the end of the campaign, you'll receive anyway the optional medallions of Le Chat for free!!!
      Medusa shield if your order will be over  € 50, will be also included a special gift for you, the medusa's shield! This is a bonus gift and in a limited edition. Is the shield of one of my models, Alcibiades the centaur. Is a little object molded in resin and golden powder
        For every question or help, please, contact me. I am at your disposal!
        The production of this little set will start really soon you'll receive your rewards shortly after the end of this campaign!

• By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/109786817/planet-of-the-apes-the-miniatures-boardgame?ref=discovery_category_newest

About

• By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/maggletminis/mirror-deltor?ref=discovery_category_newest

About
    • By Rahz
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dreamforge-games/dreamforge-games-eisenkern-grav-stug

Didn't see this one on the forums yet.  DreamForge is releasing something new following their past production issues.  Neat looking tank.  I've got a bunch of their other stuff, and while I haven't built the big mech yet, the other vehicles and troops were great kits.  Not sure they're going to hit the goal at this rate though. 
  • Who's Online   49 Members, 2 Anonymous, 47 Guests (See full list)