Sign in to follow this  
Metalchaos

01572, Maddie the Chibi Gorgon

She is a LOVELY creation, BEAUTIFULLY painted in an imaginative array of colors. I love her eye & the multicolored snakes are WONDERFULVERY WELL DONE!

• Thanks 1

She's great! I really like the skin with the purplish shadows and her eyes are super creepy! Very good idea to use different types of venomous snakes both to add interest and pops of color but also to draw the eye in for a closer look. She's wonderful!

• Thanks 1

She is SO BEAUTIFUL! Her eyes are just amazing and then all the snakes are different colors and different patterns and with scales that look so textured! And her skin! 

This is going in my inspiration folder for sure!

• Thanks 1

Many thanks, I'm very happy you like her. The base color for the skin is 09084 Pale Lichen, a color I recently bought and really like because of its dull neutral tone. I shaded with 09028 Muddy Brown, I think that's the color I use to most, on almost every model I paint. I then re-worked the skin with Pale Lichen and glazed with 09014 Grass Green and 09240 Royal Purple. I completed with a very light yellow highlight on her forehead and along the nose.

• Like 2

Thanks, it's not often I read this word, it remind me of some lyrics... from 1982.

"But I feel drawn towards the chanting hordes
They seem to mesmerize, can't avoid their eyes"

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 72moonglum
      Hello again Reaper Message Boardonians!

So here's another piece of old school goodness, a Ral Partha Charging Barbarian, sculpted by Julie Guthrie way back in the delightful eighties.  This one was originally in one of the Partha Boxed sets, 98-015 Bezerkers, and now is sold individually at Iron Wind Metals.

Pretty quick to paint as he was unencumbered by too much armor, clothing or general stuff.  My biggest challenge with this fellow was to figure out his hair color.  Blonde eventually won the day.  

Anyhoos, please enjoy!
    • By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, here are pictures of a model that had been waiting 34 years before being painted, Ral Partha 02-333 Acrobatic Thief sculpted by Julie Guthrie.
      "Thanks to @Thoramel, for providing me with the model info.

• By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, here are pictures of a special NPC I painted last night. Originally an Aquatic Elf, I converted her to make her a Drow abjurator accompanied by her black fox.
      I slightly converted 03631, Quoralei from the original model sculpted by Derek Schubert for the Dark Heaven Legends line. I replaced the sea shell she was holding by a spellbook and added a wand in her left hand.
      The 60048, Fox familiar was sculpted by Julie Guthrie, it's originally the familiar of Feiya the Iconic Witch from the Pathfinder line.

• By Metalchaos
      Hi everyone, 

Here are pictures of the third skeletal beast in the series. 77931, Skeletal Manticore sculpted by Julie Guthrie. Painted with Reaper MSP paint and mounted on a 2 inches base.

• By Metalchaos
      Hi everyone,

Here is the second skeletal beast I painted last week. This is Bones model 77924, Skeletal Chimera sculpted by Julie Guthrie. I added dirt and moss on it to make it look like it's freshly animated. The leaves are dry birch tree seed hulls. I picked them up in the forest and painted them before gluing them on the base. As a reference, the base is 2 inches wide.

• Who's Online   18 Members, 1 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)