Sign in to follow this  
Sophie was taken

77068: Anirion, Wood Elf Wizard (Learn to Paint Kit version)

Painted (mostly) by-the-numbers, Anirion:

FDD937E6-B5DA-4D7F-8DF7-AD7EECCCB1C4.jpeg.fdcd26ef25b3c72e90b8c85f60f56e5f.jpeg7D9AEA3C-D9A9-4D21-B633-AA40420C2D46.jpeg.1000cb0dac76282ccab8f4bfff8d8d9f.jpegE1BA78D2-A7CB-4597-A2B9-386B71A5A6DF.jpeg.78f882f3216e9a794d18b4aa61570997.jpeg8FC8773B-FBA7-4034-91C3-FB41B5C95D2D.jpeg.275a1b9e767e4fd3822dd2fda96fb0fb.jpeg

This was a departure from my normal style of painting, and I made a number of mistakes, but wanted to stick to the instructions and see how it all turned out. All things considered, I think it looks decent.

I didn’t worry about trying to correct the bend in the staff or any mold lines. And I added a third highlight layer (more yellow) to the robes, to make them pop just a bit more. The camera washed these out, it seems.

The little details probably deserved more attention, but the focus here was clearly on the robes. I think I did learn a few new things, hopefully for the better. More practice will help. Comments and critiques welcome.

• Like 22

Very nice!

Keep painting and having fun with it, improvement will come with every mini you paint.

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Metalchaos
      Hi everyone, here's another Dungeon Dwellers model. 07012, Caerindra Thistlemoor was sculpted by Bobby Jackson. I painted it with Reaper’s MSP acrylics, shaded with Citadel inks, used Vallejo Acrylic Matt Varnish and 3D printed the base. Her left eye is not as sharp as I'd like it to be, she seems to have a black eye, I will need to fix this.

• By Metalchaos
      Good day everyone, here are some pictures of my latest Dungeon Dwellers sculpted by Bobby Jackson. I painted 07008, Luwin Phost the Wizard Reaper’s MSP acrylic paint, I shaded with Citadel inks, sealed with Vallejo Acrylic Matt Varnish and 3D printed the base. It was a very fun model to work on, with all the right gear for the adventure.

• By Ducknuck84
      Started him a while ago but got pushed to the back burner until last month where I put the few final touches on him. I will also attest that it is a mere coincidence that the colors I used made him look kind of like Link from Breath of the wilds.

• By Metalchaos
      Hi everyone, some of you may have recently seen this guy lurking in the shadow of an alley. 07004, Stitch Thimbletoe the Halfling Thief sculpted by Bobby Jackson.
      I painted it with Reaper’s MSP acrylics and shaded with Citadel inks. I use Vallejo Acrylic Matt Varnish and the base is 3d printed.

• By Metalchaos
      Hi everyone, here's 07002, Baran Blacktree, Veteran Warrior sculpted by Bobby Jackson. I painted it with Reaper’s MSP acrylics and shaded with Citadel inks. Also, I use Vallejo Acrylic Matt Varnish for the first time on this model. I like that varnish, it's perfectly flat and don't add any artificial reflection. I 3d printed the base to match with the tiles on the diorama it will eventually be displayed on.

• Who's Online   14 Members, 0 Anonymous, 37 Guests (See full list)