Sign in to follow this  
Thrym

Table Top RPGers :: Finger Lakes Region, NY

ATTENTION TABLE TOP RPGers!

It's been a while, so time to start up a group of gamers again.

I will be starting a Game Session ... once a month for 4, 6 or more hours at a session starting the week of my birth ... March's fourth week somewhere between the 19th and the 25th.  So this is an open invitation to any within driving range of Seneca Falls/Waterloo, NY area who are interested in participating in a month-to-month campaign. 

5aa6973783701_ThrymsTableofExtraordinaryGamers_fw.thumb.png.d448572f9e0ff2cd8663da06ed7a4f38.png

This will be a Roleplaying Game with emphasis on the story and roleplaying. Naturally there will be some fighting, adventuring, exploring, thieving, and the like depending on the system chosen. I have two systems that I would like to run .. the first is one I have been sitting on for sometime and features a much more reasonable method of gaming than any system I've played and the second I have just acquired that is also a new style of system for me.

5aa6972063280_DungeonWorld.jpg.834e3207da22b1231de61399164c9a45.jpg

DUNGEON WORLD

Regardless of your rolls, the story moves forward ... it just might be more complicated than it was a moment before. Fantasy setting with D&D like characters.

mouseguard.jpg.9773ffa87eba50a3a3ad6c7cc49d989d.jpg

MOUSE GUARD

Based on the comic/graphic novels of the same name. You are mice. Yup, standard size, like in the cover image of the book. But you are one of the Mouse Guard and sworn to protect Lockhaven and the Mouse Territories. The game uses a success dice (d6) system from Burning Wheel.

So, if you are interested in joining this gaming adventure, reply or message me to get an invite to the Facebook Group.

Edited by Thrym
  • Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rat13
      Since before all this craziness started my wife and I have been saying how we should start gaming again. This of course led to the question of, what to play? After some discussion and explanation (not to mention some gentle nudging) we decided to start a Ghost Archipelago campaign seeing as it ticked the most boxes. Its fantasy based, not too complicated or hard to learn, plays quickly, and the combat/general gameplay is enjoyable. 

I'll be the first to admit this discussion and decision occurred at the beginning of the lockdown and our first game was last Saturday. Why the long delay between deciding and starting? A good and valid question, which basically boils down to home repairs, relearning the system, and creating two identical (stat wise at least) crews. So as the lockdowns start to lift in some places our lockdown campaign finally begins. 

Before I forget to mention it this was my wife's first game and only my second. So we opted to ignore Heritor and Warden abilities/spells altogether. I know this takes a lot away from the game but we figured it was better to get the basics down first. Our next game will certainly include these however. 

By simple luck of the die our first scenario just happened to be X Marks the Spot, the first scenario in the book. We placed all the treasures and deployed our crews. 

My deployment.

My wife's orks. 

That's when I noticed I hadn't rolled for the creature/creatures defending the central treasure. It almost didn't matter as it ended up being a skeleton that my archer killed on turn one. I'd call it the play of the day.

Placement after turn one or two. I honestly lost track. 

As you can see we're both positioned to grab two regular treasures apiece while a melee is brewing at the central treasure. 

It was around this time that we both really got into the game and subsequently forgot to take any pictures. Not a bad thing, just not great for a battle report, I'll try my best to report everything missed however. 

1.)The central treasure had become quite a melee involving both our Heritors and Wardens. I managed to knock out her Heritor just before mine went down. In the picture you can see the two Wardens squaring off for the treasure afterwards.
      2.)At bottom center you can see one of my crewmen getting ready to escape with a treasure.
      3.)Top right corner you can see one of my archers getting ready to escape with another treasure. I managed a very lucky shot which outright killed one of her crewmen that had nearly escaped with that treasure. 
      4.)Middle right my goblin crewmen is almost off table with a treasure.
      5.) Not pictured my wife's orks secured a treasure on the left side of the board.

The next turn I secured three regular treasures and the desperate fight began for the central treasure. With only my Warden and mercenary remaining I squared off against her Warden, mercenary, infantryman, two archers, and a regular crewman. Though I came close to taking out her warden mere inches from table edge and safety it wasn't meant to be. Both my Warden and mercenary were knocked out and she secured the central treasure. 

Her final positions after removing my last two figures.

My casulties and treasure.

Final results: 
      My mercenary was killed outright while everyone else made a full recovery. 

Treasure:
      Fury Leaves +30gc
      50gc
      Smoke glass and Lingle berry

Heritor XP: 185
      With my level up I increased my movement to 7.

Warden XP: 60

Her casulties and treasure (including the central treasure).
      Final results: 
      Her Heritor took psychological scars subtracting 1 from her Will, while everyone else made a full recovery.

Treasure:
      Stinkwort and Farlight Leaf
      Fury Leaves + 30gc

Heritor XP: 160
      With her level up she reduced a heritor abilities utilization number by 1.

Warden XP: 60

All in all it was a ton of fun and neither of us can wait for the next game. This game did however show me just how little fantasy terrain I actually have, so I guess I know what my next project is.
    • By Darcstaar
      Hi people.
      Im going to start another PBP.  So far I have interest from @ShadowRaven, @dwarvenranger, @Dilvish the Deliverer, and @Kangaroorex.

We’re going to start the Serpent’s Skull adventure path.  Pathfinder 1e.

All books are in play, but I reserve the right to veto something if it seems too gross/bloated.

Please utilize the Serpent’s Skull Players Guide from the Paizo website.

Abilities: 4d6, reroll all 1’s, drop lowest score, yielding ranges from 2-18 pre mods.

Avg. Starting gold.

We’ll follow the AP leveling track when possible.

We’ll have individual initiative.

I hope to get this started soon, so please post those characters.

-edits-
      House Rules
      1. HP beyond first level.  Roll the hit die.  If the roll is less than”avg” then take avg instead.  Example: Wizard d6.  Rolls a 1.  Gets 4hp instead, before Con mod.
      2. Acrobatics can be used to avoid AOO when standing from prone.
      3. If someone is not responding and action is waiting for them, I’ll send a pm after 24 hours.  If no response 24 hours later, I’ll take over that character to get action rolling again.
    • By Darcstaar
      Part 1 of the Serpent’s Skull Adventure Path.  By James Jacobs, (c) 2010.
      Paizo Publishing.

Using the Pathfinder Rules from the Pathfinder Core Rulebook
      Sixth Printing, 2013 and copyright 2009 and on
      Also uses Open Game License Content 1.0a Copyright 2000 Wizards of the Coast
    • By Darcstaar
      Copyright 2012 Paizo Publishing.

Using the Pathfinder Rules from the Pathfinder Core Rulebook
      Sixth Printing, 2013 and copyright 2009 and on
      Also uses Open Game License Content 1.0a Copyright 2000 Wizards of the Coast

You can decide if you know each other before the start of the adventure, or are all randomly passing through this small rural town on your way to or from Korvosa.
      You have heard rumor that a carnival passes through this town, and have come to investigate and have some fun.
      As you mill about the carnival grounds, you can sample delicious food from vendors, view exotic sights or shows, and participate in games of skill and chance.

Let me know what types of things you are interested in, and if/how you know each other.
    • By ChristopherGeorge
      Hey guys,

I've been lurking and posting around these forums for nigh a while now and i thought i'd share a project that i've been working on for quite some time.

It's a tabletop roleplaying Game that i've been working on for about 20 years now as a personal hobby. After much convincing, I've decided to create a 4th Edition and make it available to the world at large.

The Quickstart guide is a free starter pack for the System, including how to make a character, equip them and conduct simple adventures. I'm looking at releasing a Kickstarter next year to release the full core system, but for now i'm just looking for feedback and interest.

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/282100/Tides-of-Prophecy-Quickstart-Guide

Check it out, hey, it's free. I'd be very appreciative for any feedback, comments or constructive critique you could provide!

Cheers,

Christopher George
  • Who's Online   10 Members, 1 Anonymous, 53 Guests (See full list)