TheOldGuard

ME1 - Strider, Citadel 1980's Vintage LOTR

20 hours ago, robsontpm said:

GW... as you can see, they used to make decent miniatures ;) 

And your painting made it even more outstanding!

Thanks! There's some really nice figures in this range.

18 hours ago, KruleBear said:

You painted all three up dang nice, but this one is my favorite. Nice to see these oldies getting some loving. 

Thanks! I like him a lot too.

9 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Great colours!

I love how you weathered the bottom of that cloak.

Thank you! He's just been tracking Gollum. :poke:

4 hours ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

You did a nice job on him, and he's a surprisingly good-looking figure from the 80s.

Many thanks!

• Like 2

Lots of things were better in the eighties, but I'm sure your paint job is better now than it was back then, beautiful! love the subdued greens, like in a shadowy forest.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By lazarp
      I've got this mini in the legend of drizzt board game last december and I just hated it right off the bat. The weird pose, lack of details, undefined face, I could go on... Also, something that was quite striking about it was the lack of feminine detalis and a kind of a masculine look of the female ranger  It looked to me more like a man dressed as a female ranger, and I found that quite funny and promising!

As I've thought more about it, it reminded me of Doris from "Sherk" and Okama characters from "One Piece", which I both love!

So those characters inspired me to paint Catti in a similar fashion, which I believe gave the mini much needed character. I like how it turned out and I think she will make an interesting pc or npc in our dnd campaign! 
      Enjoy! 

• By lazarp
      This one was actually painted by my sister. I wanted to share it with you since this is her second mini ever and I hoped some feedback would be useful to her 

• By izzylobo
      Citadel has just released (to pre-order - they're coming out next week) a new line of Contrast paints which behave rather differently than conventional minis paints in a number of respects. 

I recently got a chance to play around with them at my local Warhammer store, and wrote down some initial impressions. 

Has anyone else gotten a chance to mess around with these, and if so, what was your thoughts on them? 
      (my favorite result down below) 

• By 72moonglum
      So here is the third figure from the set I was working on recently, a female fighter or ranger with staff. Nowadays on the Ral Partha's site, they just call her a fighter, but she originally belonged  to a three piece blister pack of Rangers from Julie Guthrie's "All Things Dark and Dangerous" figure line.

Being she was a ranger originally, quite the opposite of the Ranger Archer I just finished a few days ago, I tried to give her a bit more natural colors.  And here is then the group together, and the original image I found from an old catalogue:

So anyhow, fun figure to paint, hope you all enjoy!
    • By 72moonglum
      Good evening everybody!
      So have been doing lately a lot of classic Julie Guthrie from her Partha days and the last one I've finished is what is currently listed as an Archer, but that previously came in a set of three Rangers in her Partha Line "All Things Dark and Dangerous".

Being he's these days called an archer, I kind of deviated from the typical browns and greens as I kind of wanted some deeper, darker colors. I started off with his lavender shirt and then just kept going with different plums and purples. So he's not too nature-like but he's maybe a moon or night ranger.

Anyway, hope you enjoy him!

and here's that image he originally came from back in the eighties.  I've got the two guys done, I'm working now on the gal with the staff, hope to have her done before Memorial day is over:

• Who's Online   38 Members, 3 Anonymous, 95 Guests (See full list)