• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SkeletonHeadToys
      Hello all,

I will be running a Kickstarter next week, Tuesday June 19th, for a set of 5 horror based miniatures i have sculpted.

Here is the preview link for the campaign:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/73621027/demons-from-hell?ref=1iqkkt&token=80ad317d

I hope you will take a moment to check it out if interested!

Thanks,

Isaac

• By Unit04
      Thunderstone Quest by AEG is the third in a line of deck builder style games with the Thunderstone name.  I never played the first two, but each iteration got a little more love from the fans.  This version certainly knocks it out of the park and my friend and I played through a good portion of the included "quests" (which were basically recommended card to play with).  The miniatures it comes with aren't strictly necessary, but they do look better then colored pieces of wood.  Because it is a board game, I wanted to give everyone a separate colored base to make them stand out a little more and give them a bit more personality.  

The warrior's color scheme is inspired by Iron Man.  I was able to borrow a metallic red paint (Retro Red Steel) and I like how he turned out for the most part.   

For the wizard, I wanted to use my MSP SAMPLE , which is the pinkish/purplish color of her...cloak (?). 

I gave the dwarven barbarian a white beard because, frankly, nothing is scarier than an old barbarian.  He sorta fell into the brown color because I painted the fairy druid right before him and wanted a darker color.

The fairy druid didn't quite turn out how I'd like, but it still works.  There is a great version of him on Board Game Geek that had an autumn color scheme so I tried to emulate that.  

The explorer was the last figure I did because he wasn't really that interesting.  I do like how his bags and pipes came out.  

I like how the rogue came out the best.  I decided early on that she's have purple hair and a purple color scheme.  One thing that annoyed me about her was the fact that I used several different types of black on her outfit, but it all just looks the same when all is said and done.  Still, I love how she turned out.

• By ThirstyBob
      Original model, from board game Wander: Cult of Barnacle Bay, by Panda Cult Games.

Customer requested a trident in the hand and a base. Couldn't find a freekkkin trident anywhere except some European company that couldn't get it here until after the deadline, so I had to mod a spear.

Finished Product follows:

C&C or things to do better next time would be much appreciated.

• By Carnacki the Ghost Finder
      Cthulhu Wars: Onslaught Three, featuring a faction called "The Ancients" has just been announced by Petersen Games, set to launch July 17th. 

EDIT: starts at 8 AM CST Monday July 17th.

• By Painting Miniatures
      I plan on posting something a little more friendly looking very shortly. coughwyrmgeardragoncough but in the mean time I painted this for fun and practice!

Also would take some advice on dealing with small details like a face. On this miniature it was nearly impossible to just paint specific details of the face without smooshing the entire face with paint. I'd wanted to give the figure blood red eyes. That didn't work out and I ended up painting over the face in white to start over again.

I do overall like how this miniature turned out. The bones aren't crispy perfect white, the clothes look like a creature that's been walking through mud and dirt for a long time. Didn't know how to paint the base so I went with some of my extra black wash which worked out as it sort of made it look like it was standing on bone.

Tried a new technique on the scythe. I did the base coat as filigree silver, then I did a paint of dragons blood red, then when that dried i went over it again with the black wash to give it this dried blood effect. A technique that is probably standard but one I personally just learned by experimenting!

• Who's Online   15 Members, 2 Anonymous, 101 Guests (See full list)