Chibi Capsule Magical Girls & Monsters

• Members

About

Chibis are super deformed, yet adorable characters that have lately have made a splash in the boardgaming and miniature community with games such as Super Dungeon Explore, Arcadia Quest, Ninja All-Stars and many others. They're also featured in collectible figurines and in other geeky paraphernalia.

This is the EIGHTH Chibi KickStarter run by Impact! Miniatures and Impact! is partnering with Chibi Capsule and Märchen to bring you some incredible, new Magical Girl chibi miniatures along with monsters for them to combat!

The funding goal will pay for the sculpting & 3-D printing of the miniatures. And for some of them: The metal masters and resin production molds needed to create mass production of the miniatures.

The Miniatures  

ALL miniatures in this KickStarter are provided unpainted. Unless otherwise stated after the name of the miniature, all miniatures offered with this KickStarter will be high quality 3-D prints done on a top end 25 to 50 micron printer (you should not see print lines after priming and paint).   As stretch goals are reached we will unlock additional sculpts.  Stretch Goal may also pay for metal mastering and rubber molds for mass production spincast resin models which will allow the project to offer some of the Magical Girls at lower costs to our backers.  The miniatures will require light clean up, being primed before painted and might need some assembly (although we will do our best to keep the figures with as few pieces as possible).  

You can use your reward dollars to get any of the miniatures in the listing below.

Meet the girls!

MARIYA and the FIGHTING GIRLFRIEND - (70mm tall overall - spincast resin) - $10

a5b3eb52f9f67e7c0f95eb4c9b98a621_origina

f91ff5f5662ee268677b9191d1ea28b7_origina

Magical Friends

36c7b069a4152fa533717e4304f44c1f_origina

Monsters & Enemies

876d37bd5b0473b9579a3f52a704890f_origina

772ae685324d440c4035f27e606de344_origina

c854eea26c529f5dd4c55086716d8b12_origina

• Like 8
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@Cyradis and @WhiteWulfe ... since you mentioned liking Corgberus ... wanted to show you a painted copy I was sent an image of tonight.    

About Chibis are super deformed, yet adorable characters that have lately have made a splash in the boardgaming and miniature community with games such as Super Dungeon Explore, Arcadia Ques

for the not yet corrupted   Painted Corgi army and Adepticon in Chicago Posted by Impact! Miniatures (Creator) Thanks to Nick Kelsch

Posted Images

20 hours ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

I'm just a little worried about potential IP issues.

8 hours ago, redambrosia said:

other companies do plenty of derivative works

I'm not familiar with the source material.  Which ones are the derivative works/potential IP issue?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Clearman said:

I'm not familiar with the source material.  Which ones are the derivative works/potential IP issue?

The pirate and the princess are obviously supposed to be Buttercup and Wesley of the princess bride. 2B and 9S are characters from a video game and that might be problematic, they didn't ever give them different names. I'm not sure about their other minis, but some of them might be from anime or video games.

Oh, Penny the clown, It.

• Like 5
7 minutes ago, Clearman said:

4 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

The pirate and the princess are obviously supposed to be Buttercup and Wesley of the princess bride. 2B and 9S are characters from a video game and that might be problematic, they didn't ever give them different names. I'm not sure about their other minis, but some of them might be from anime or video games.

Oh, Penny the clown, It.

The Pirate and Blossom are Westley and Buttercup from The Princess Bride.

2B and 9S are characters of the same name from the video game Nier Automata.  (ninja'd when I paused to check the spelling!)

And the Rabbitank is D.Va from the video game Overwatch.

Gonna have to get the Rabbitank for the boyfriend;  that's his favorite character to play in that game...  wonder if he'd want 2B and 9S as well.  For myself I need the robot-bunnies and corgis, maybe the godzilla-lizard...

...ninja'd again?  I take too long writing posts.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Not worried about princess and pirate. 1 they have new names 2 I think Princess Bride is a public IP now

I'm mostly worried about the others, especially those from recent sources. Perhaps the chibi portrayals mitigates much of the risk, though

I'll probably still back if I find the funds, tbh

• Like 2