Lardgulp, Two Headed Troll for feedback

So here's my latest creation. I tried a different technique this time around by "overbrushing" for the the highlights on the skin and it was . . . ok. I can see it as a great way to speed the process along for a speedier paint job, and might be great for painting armies and units, but it does have its limits when it comes to blending. I'm also not sold on the blending in the armor as it did not blend real smoothly despite my best attempts but its a start at least. As always, any ideas, suggestions, critiques, feedback, etc. are most appreciated!

5aa8444969827_TrollFront.thumb.jpg.b509ae4557d6c4645d9bcbb0d149141e.jpg

5aa844773c782_TrollBack.thumb.jpg.ccfe618d6c905b12009e20a5f4151a96.jpg

5aa844aa6f695_TrollLeft.thumb.jpg.c5f8c4a818016bf89f39fccc5792a18e.jpg

5aa844d85a36d_TrollRight.thumb.jpg.f0652e5dbede4eb217a95df3c49eca73.jpg

• Like 21
7 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Very nice!

He ( They?) give off a Nurgle vibe!

Thanks! He/They were a lot of fun to paint, even if it did take me forever to figure out that it was a chicken (or some other game bird) hanging from the side. :p

I didn't feel real comfortable with the highlights on this guy because it felt as though I went too far, but I'm thinking that it might actually have been about right for creating enough contrast. The good thing is that trolls are fictional so I can always do what I want, lol! 

Now hopefully I can get into a decent streak of painting since work is lightening up a bit.

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, here's the result of my first attempt at sky and earth non metallic metal (SENMM). This Dark Heaven Legends model 02023, Tolzar Righteous Arm was sculpted by Sandra Garrity. I started painting it during RVE (Reaper Virtual Expo). I painted the cape as I was following along Ian Markon's class on blending through Layering and Feathering. I then painted the freehand at the bottom of the cape during Brice Cocanour's Beginner Freehand class. I finally painted his armor, shield and hammer head using the SENMM technique. It's my first take at Sky and Earth Non Metallic Metal. I did my best to reflect the sunset on all metallic parts. Let me know what you think.

• By 72moonglum
      Good afternoon all you reaperfiles! 

So I haven't painted anything by Sandra Garrity for the longest of times, so I'm glad I started this little figure up, Ellana Dragonmistress, a female druid she sculpted long ago for Ral Partha. Beautiful little figure with her traditionally petite eyes.  The hardest part on this one, besides the eyes, was deciding on what colors I'd use.  As I listen to a lot of Anne Forester's Twitch channel over lunch and she talks so much about color theory, I always wonder if my colors match or not, but ultimately, without a color wheel to whip out, I end up guessing and hope it all ends up matching more or less. One day I'd like to figure out what colors totally clash 1000% and paint with those, but that is for some future miniature surely.

So here she is:

One thing I really like about her is that besides her staff, she carries no weapons, which makes her a reasonably simple miniature to paint, but also gives you that feeling that she knows she's so bada$$ that she just doesn't need any weapons. I also really like her cowboy boots.  Why a blue dragon head?  No idea, it's what arrived to my brain.

So anyhoos, enjoy!

• By Pochi
      This is my contribution to the RCL trios category with @Evilhalfling and @Kuroneko. I decided on a Hampshire pig instead of spots. I love how much character the faces have. 

• By Werkrobotwerk
      Continuing to paint the various rve stuff.
      This time, a kilted troll.

• By Kangaroorex
      When Stonehaven started doing their kickstarters, they usually released their version of a troll or two with each one.  Since I liked the variety of elves, dwarves, and other smallfolk in the kickstarters i tended to get the completionist so i found myself with a bunch of these, even though resin is not my favorite medium to work with.  I did a few and the rest sat... until i needed giants for my Runelord campaign.  I needed hill giants and i dont like hill giants as depicted by the typical miniatures for them, but the trolls were cute and they fit the size i was looking for and the legend that hill giants have tails was born.  

Anyway, here are the latest 2, it brings my total now to 5 hill giant/trolls and one broccoli Ent.  the party has faced 3 of them previously and it was a mixed success:  they won, but they went looking for a place to heal and rest immediately afterwards!  (come to think of it, Stonehaven makes up a rather large part of the party, the Kobold ninja, the grippli paladin, the half-orc barbarian and the dwarven cleric are also Stonehaven sculpts)

anyway for your viewing pleasure:

• Who's Online   26 Members, 0 Anonymous, 40 Guests (See full list)