Very nice! I am planning on doing mine either black or dark green marble. What is this "marbling spray" you speak of? Your crypt looks very impressive. Well done!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pochi said:

Very nice! I am planning on doing mine either black or dark green marble. What is this "marbling spray" you speak of? Your crypt looks very impressive. Well done!

It's Krylon I00601 Marbelizing Spray. It's basically a spray paint can that sprays out a webbing of paint instead of a unified cone. I've found it in gold in stores, but had to order the black online. There's also a white, but that was also only available online and was much more expensive, especially since I wasn't sure how it'd turn out when I ordered it. 

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

It's Krylon I00601 Marbelizing Spray. It's basically a spray paint can that sprays out a webbing of paint instead of a unified cone. I've found it in gold in stores, but had to order the black online. There's also a white, but that was also only available online and was much more expensive, especially since I wasn't sure how it'd turn out when I ordered it. 

Thank you! I'll have to have a look at the stores around here and see what they have. I didn't know such a thing existed! It looks great on your crypt!

• Like 1

That marbling effect is awesome.  And the understated purples in conjunction with the relatively neutral tones of the rest of the model, makes for a subtlety sinister feel.  It's an awesome piece of terrain I'd be tempted to have as the backdrop of any minis I'd paint from here on out were it mine!  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Kelcore said:

That marbling effect is awesome.  And the understated purples in conjunction with the relatively neutral tones of the rest of the model, makes for a subtlety sinister feel.  It's an awesome piece of terrain I'd be tempted to have as the backdrop of any minis I'd paint from here on out were it mine!  

I'll have to take that under advisement. I'd have thought that using something like that as a backdrop for minis photos might be a little distracting, but I may have to give it a shot.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Ludo
      Per Izzy,
      If you picked up either of the Art Books in the Bones III and IV kick-starters and would like to get them autographed, be sure to bring them with you to ReaperCon. Izzy will be signing them when time allows. 
    • By BananeDC
      Hop, here we go !

Succubi (nude) :
      https://postimg.cc/DmM9ZxJP

• By I'mHere
      First post here. : )

THE FOLLOWING DISCUSSION AND LINK TO IMAGES IS CONCERNING A NUDE AMAZON FEMALE STATUE SCULPT.

If this is something you would like to avoid, please do not continue. If you don't mind, carry on!

https://imgur.com/a/CTFu53W

From Bones 4 I purchased Dance of Death, Blacksting Wyvern and one set of the Amazon Living Statues. Here is my first Living Statue, I aimed for a tan marbled stone look. The miniature has a gloss varnish that really adds to the polished marble feel to it. Pretty happy with the result! The non-damaged statue (2nd of the pair) I'm hoping to try out a dark green marbled stone effect, with lighter green up to white veins.

I think on the back side of the miniature's body I didn't quite keep the angled veins in mind. I turned myself around a bit in my head trying to imagine how veins would look in a 3 dimensional block of stone, haha. I aimed for the full statue to look as if it was carved from the same piece (which would make the sculptor a very impressive person!).

Lots of fun with this model and I like the sculpt a lot. I think the breasts feel a little over-sexualized to my preferences, though I find the buttocks to be more in line with my personal experiences of life. Shrug. : )

BTW do the Living Statues have a Reaper Code yet? I'd like to add this to the aggregate thread but I can't find what the reaper code might be (I assume with them being new additions they might not have them yet?)

• By Metalchaos
      Hi everyone, it's been some time. It's been hard for me to find some time to paint lately. I'm working on my Cat Critter display base as much as I can, a little every night. So, I thought some of you might like to see part of my progress. Here are part of the statues and "collapsed" pillars that will be decorating the display diorama.

The lions are Reaper Miniatures 77341, sculpted by Geoff Valley. The collapsed pillars are 72591, Wizkids. I cut them to separate the blocs and painted them in white marble colors. There are veins of quartz and gold in the marble. As you can see, I glued the lions tail on their back to make them look more like statues. The lions are mounted on 74012, 25 x 50mm cavalry base.

• By Bane Of Humanity
      I didnt do too much detail on these guys.  I was mostly just using up paint that I had mixed for my goblins.  Im not entirely a fan of these guys but I figured Id paint them up anyone for a Tundra themed campaign Im working on.

• Who's Online   31 Members, 2 Anonymous, 45 Guests (See full list)