Sign in to follow this  
Pingo

A Vampire in Velvet: 60138: Sheila Heidmarch, Venture Captain by Pingo

The latest of your Lady Vampires has reached new heights of loveliness, a BEAUTIFULLY  painted creation. VERY WELL DONE!

• Like 1

Thanks for the WiP, I'm stealing the velvet principles for the next noble I paint.

She is truly gorgeous.

"Ventrue" captain, indeed. :lol:

• Like 2

You really nailed the velvet effect.  The color lends a spooky effect.  Seconds on the effect on the staff, a really cool idea!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, KruleBear said:

That dress turned out nice. I didn't notice it in your wip, but the effect on the top of thevstaff is really cool. 

Thanks! For a while I was looking at the staff top wondering what to do about it.

14 hours ago, malefactus said:

The latest of your Lady Vampires has reached new heights of loveliness, a BEAUTIFULLY  painted creation. VERY WELL DONE!

Thank you kindly. :blush:

14 hours ago, Schirf said:

She is stunningly beautiful! 

And I love your style and it works particularly well here!

Thanks!

13 hours ago, Sanael said:

Thanks for the WiP, I'm stealing the velvet principles for the next noble I paint.

She is truly gorgeous.

"Ventrue" captain, indeed. :lol:

Hah, yes ...

And steal away! I love spreading techniques and ideas around.

13 hours ago, Coydt said:

You really nailed the velvet effect.  The color lends a spooky effect.  Seconds on the effect on the staff, a really cool idea!

Thank you.

3 hours ago, Citrine said:

She is beautiful!

Thank you! She was an inspiring sculpt.

2 hours ago, pinkymadigan said:

Ventrue was the wealthy house, right?

Looks great as always!

I think so. Mostly it was a cheap "Vampire: The Masquerade" joke. And thanks.

2 hours ago, Pillpeddler said:

As always, so impressed by the work you do. Everything about that piece is spot on.

BTW are those flasks of blood on her belt?

:ph34r:

2 hours ago, paintybeard said:

Really, like the the gem-crusted hem.

I've had fun painting illusionistic gems.

1 hour ago, Rogue1138 said:

Very nicely done. I may "borrow" the idea for velvets as well...

Certainly! The more the merrier!

Edited by Pingo
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Pingo said:

I think so. Mostly it was a cheap "Vampire: The Masquerade" joke. And thanks.

Yeah, they were the resource heavy clan IIRC. Been a long time since I've even thought much about that game. Good times, but I doubt it aged well, thematically. Perfect for the mid to late 90s though.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Pingo said:

"not all female vampires hang around graveyards in unlikely and suspicious states of undress."

Love this quote! I had a lot of difficulty finding an appropriatly dressed female vampire for my own campaign.

She is very beautiful! I especially like her eyes, they bing a lot of life (or unlife :poke:) to the miniature.

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Glitterwolf
      I printed this on my Elegoo Mars, STL is from Gloomy Kid.

Vampire Lord in Bat Form, You're invited to dinner!

WIP HERE:
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79298-children-of-the-night-by-glitterwolf/

• By Glitterwolf
      One of my favorite Fantasy races are the Undead, followed by Chaos and Reptilians.
      I already have my Lost World Project which tells a tale of Conquistadores, Reptilians, Dinosaurs, Undead and a lot more.
      However those Undead are the Egyptian Style and Pirate/Jungle style.

This thread will be filled with my beloved Gothic Undead, Demons, Monsters and all things that go bump in the night.
      In my Lost World Project I tell an ongoing story, here I will post about all other dark things without coherency.
      There might be snippets of loose stories to accompany a mini or not...

I hope you guys and gals and creatures will like it.

Let's kick off with the critters I painted a while ago to get a feel of what is coming.

Enjoy! ( or not)

Bats and a Murder of Crows

EDIT: I will include some Bones and minis. The bulk will be metal and I want to give this an oldschool vibe.
      Preferred minis will be, Reaper, Grenadier, Ral Partha, Rafm, Metal Magic, Otherworld and Early Citadel.
      The Asian Undead will be from Zenith since I backed the Kensei Undead Samurai KS and will get their own thread.  ( Nippon, Land of the Rising Moon) and the Egyptian ones are in Shifting Sands Project)

EDIT - Asked to merge my Undead Threads into one.
      Now CHILDREN of the NIGHT.

This is for all the Ghotic Undead and their friends like Werewolves/Witches/Demons etc etc..

Eldessa Necromancer

Ral Partha Female Vampire

Lurien and Aysa

Bat Demon

• By Metalchaos
      Hi everyone, I completed this one last night. 02181, Sirithis the Succubus sculpted by Bob Ridolfi. This is a Dark Heaven Legends model. I painted her with Reaper MSP paint and mounted her on a 40 mm round base sku: 74033. Censored for the younger audience. Uncensored version of the pictures can be found on my blog or FB page.

• By Iridil
      Another tabletop lady - tried stronger source lighting and focused on trying to smoothly blend the very pale skin. Also managed to make a reasonable base with the greenstuff roller this time  - so overall happy to try these things out on her, including the flowers.

• By Lord of the Dish Pit
      It says something about the state of organization on my painting table, that I come across finished minis I'd forgotten about. I finished these awhile back, but the spray sealer turned them glossy, despite being labelled as "Satin" sealer. Tried a dousing in Vallejo Matte Sealer, no help there. So I put them aside until now, with my last Reaper tithe I picked up some of the Reaper Brush On Sealer...and it solved the problem. So I now unleash Ivan von Helstein and Lianna Vampiress....

Here frolicking amid the gravestones...

With the sculpt for Ivan very closely matching the one for Gabriel Darkblood, I decided to go with a purple cloak and brighter clothing. 

I really like this sculpt, nothing overdone, just a vampire bride out for a meal. Went with the traditional grey graveshroud. 

With Isabelle having black hair, I wanted to keep Lianna more towards the brunette side, and I think it came out well. 
  • Who's Online   24 Members, 0 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)