Sign in to follow this  
Pingo

A Vampire in Velvet: 60138: Sheila Heidmarch, Venture Captain by Pingo

The latest of your Lady Vampires has reached new heights of loveliness, a BEAUTIFULLY  painted creation. VERY WELL DONE!

• Like 1

Thanks for the WiP, I'm stealing the velvet principles for the next noble I paint.

She is truly gorgeous.

"Ventrue" captain, indeed. :lol:

• Like 2

You really nailed the velvet effect.  The color lends a spooky effect.  Seconds on the effect on the staff, a really cool idea!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, KruleBear said:

That dress turned out nice. I didn't notice it in your wip, but the effect on the top of thevstaff is really cool. 

Thanks! For a while I was looking at the staff top wondering what to do about it.

14 hours ago, malefactus said:

The latest of your Lady Vampires has reached new heights of loveliness, a BEAUTIFULLY  painted creation. VERY WELL DONE!

Thank you kindly. :blush:

14 hours ago, Schirf said:

She is stunningly beautiful! 

And I love your style and it works particularly well here!

Thanks!

13 hours ago, Sanael said:

Thanks for the WiP, I'm stealing the velvet principles for the next noble I paint.

She is truly gorgeous.

"Ventrue" captain, indeed. :lol:

Hah, yes ...

And steal away! I love spreading techniques and ideas around.

13 hours ago, Coydt said:

You really nailed the velvet effect.  The color lends a spooky effect.  Seconds on the effect on the staff, a really cool idea!

Thank you.

3 hours ago, Citrine said:

She is beautiful!

Thank you! She was an inspiring sculpt.

2 hours ago, pinkymadigan said:

Ventrue was the wealthy house, right?

Looks great as always!

I think so. Mostly it was a cheap "Vampire: The Masquerade" joke. And thanks.

2 hours ago, Pillpeddler said:

As always, so impressed by the work you do. Everything about that piece is spot on.

BTW are those flasks of blood on her belt?

:ph34r:

2 hours ago, paintybeard said:

Really, like the the gem-crusted hem.

I've had fun painting illusionistic gems.

1 hour ago, Rogue1138 said:

Very nicely done. I may "borrow" the idea for velvets as well...

Certainly! The more the merrier!

Edited by Pingo
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Pingo said:

I think so. Mostly it was a cheap "Vampire: The Masquerade" joke. And thanks.

Yeah, they were the resource heavy clan IIRC. Been a long time since I've even thought much about that game. Good times, but I doubt it aged well, thematically. Perfect for the mid to late 90s though.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Pingo said:

"not all female vampires hang around graveyards in unlikely and suspicious states of undress."

Love this quote! I had a lot of difficulty finding an appropriatly dressed female vampire for my own campaign.

She is very beautiful! I especially like her eyes, they bing a lot of life (or unlife :poke:) to the miniature.

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 72moonglum
      Hello all you Reaper people!

So, Bones V will be hopefully arriving in the next few months, and one thing I told myself was that before I got my package, I wanted to finish the smaller Yephima sculpt before the new and larger Yephima shows up at my door.  I really love both versions, and I just wish this Yephima would be available in metal.

I tried painting her already years ago, started even a WIP in the forum, which I'd have to hunt down. My original thought was make her a very, dark dusky color and blonde hair with pinks and oranges, but at one point my inspiration went awry and I stopped painting her probably to be an eternal WIP.  But then a few years later, I got a new copy and this one I did more sky blue and blonde, but it doesn't look as pinkish as I originally had thought.  I also think I made my metals way too blue, but oh well. I actually enjoyed painting this lady to the degree that I could see myself painting her again with a different color scheme. One of the other benefits of Bones is the cost, I can grab a new one quickly for around 7.00, so that's also a nice Bones bonus!
      Anyhoos, here she is:

With such a big model, after taking photos, I can see so many glaring issues, but oh well, not going to let myself worry about it too much and will rather maybe go back and paint her up gain some day, incorporating a few fixes. 
    • By dks
      It's a cougar!  Specifically it's a firepelt cougar, from the world of Golarion (Pathfinder RPG).
      It's also my submission for the Reaper Challenge League under the January theme of "Ice or Fire".
      Pathfinder authors have described firepelts as having black-and-red or "autumnal" coloration, but I know of only one image in a Paizo book: the 5th anniversary book of Rise of the Runelords shows one as mostly black with thin orange stripes running down its back and orange rings on its tail.  I used that as a point of departure, plus extra reference in the form of photos of cougars, and photos of rare recessive-gene "king cheetahs" that have stripes and large blotchy spots instead of the usual small round spots.
      I cut away parts of this guy's integral base, and sculpted a grouping of rocks that the cougar is descending.

Enjoy!
      Derek

• By thefub
      My second miniature of the year. This one took me longer than expected but I think it came out okay. I like the heather blue and purple combo. I used a different sealer/varnish this time around and I like the finish a bit more than the brush on I used in the past. 

• By Glitterwolf
      I printed this on my Elegoo Mars, STL is from Gloomy Kid.

Vampire Lord in Bat Form, You're invited to dinner!

WIP HERE:
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79298-children-of-the-night-by-glitterwolf/

• By Glitterwolf
      One of my favorite Fantasy races are the Undead, followed by Chaos and Reptilians.
      I already have my Lost World Project which tells a tale of Conquistadores, Reptilians, Dinosaurs, Undead and a lot more.
      However those Undead are the Egyptian Style and Pirate/Jungle style.

This thread will be filled with my beloved Gothic Undead, Demons, Monsters and all things that go bump in the night.
      In my Lost World Project I tell an ongoing story, here I will post about all other dark things without coherency.
      There might be snippets of loose stories to accompany a mini or not...

I hope you guys and gals and creatures will like it.

Let's kick off with the critters I painted a while ago to get a feel of what is coming.

Enjoy! ( or not)

Bats and a Murder of Crows

EDIT: I will include some Bones and minis. The bulk will be metal and I want to give this an oldschool vibe.
      Preferred minis will be, Reaper, Grenadier, Ral Partha, Rafm, Metal Magic, Otherworld and Early Citadel.
      The Asian Undead will be from Zenith since I backed the Kensei Undead Samurai KS and will get their own thread.  ( Nippon, Land of the Rising Moon) and the Egyptian ones are in Shifting Sands Project)

EDIT - Asked to merge my Undead Threads into one.
      Now CHILDREN of the NIGHT.

This is for all the Ghotic Undead and their friends like Werewolves/Witches/Demons etc etc..

Eldessa Necromancer

Ral Partha Female Vampire

Lurien and Aysa

Bat Demon

• Who's Online   21 Members, 1 Anonymous, 42 Guests (See full list)