Sign in to follow this  
Sophie was taken

Hundred Kingdoms Friar

A random old figure picked up for cheap to practice layering and other things on. Feedback appreciated:

5EC1E0CD-5FFD-4C50-A160-7D61BDC4FAAD.thumb.jpeg.20468ef4590641c45e319c810f8f5ce8.jpeg68BC9F50-B8ED-45E1-9918-F225A34A9D80.thumb.jpeg.508b7e398270690f027e73f1e91e8943.jpegECF9D8C9-AD28-4A1C-8C3C-9E13D94FB2D3.thumb.jpeg.a966160e9013e615bc44e24b511e394e.jpeg

FLGS had a couple of these guys priced at $10. This one, however, was marked half off and sold for $3. I guess that’s how math works. Anyway, I wasn’t able to find pictures of the assembled figure online, so I’m not sure if it is the complete sculpt. 

The top and bottom halves were separate pieces. This pose seemed the least wrong, or at least made the two halves fit together the closest.

Several firsts (for me) going on here. Aside from some of my old Hero Quest figures, this was my first non-Reaper mini. It was also the first slotted mini, which required my first attempt at creating a base out of green stuff. I think it turned out all right, but it’s definitely something I’ll need to practice. Comments and critiques appreciated!

• Like 12

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By aku-chan
      I thought people might enjoy watching me helplessly flailing about as I attempt to paint an exceptionally intricate mini.

This is Tzandi:-

She's one fourth of my Monkey King Gang.
      Made a little progress today:-

Painted her skin.
      This started as a base of Elf Flesh, was shaded with Flesh Wash and then highlighted with Elf Flesh and 1:1 Elf Flesh/Light Flesh.
      She then got lips of 1:1:1 Elf Flesh/Light Flesh/Warlord Purple, and dots of Brown Wash for eyes and between her lips.
      I had made a little bit of a mess painting her hands, so I went back over them carefully with Flesh Wash, just to give her separate fingers again.

I automatically started painting her bosom as skin before realising she's wearing a dress under her corset, so that will be painted over eventually. The next job is hair and her ridiculously tiny hair ribbons. 
    • By Durham
      I was excited to be at Reapercon this year.  There was so much I learned! One thing was shading to make figures more realistic. This was the figure I used to learn on. The only thing is,  I wish I knew what figure it is - name and number. I'm trying to keep a log of colors used for figures. Anyway,  I'm going to work on this next when I finish Benedikt

• By Metalchaos
      Good Friday everyone. Here is 03492, Autumn Bronzeleaf Elf Wizard Sculpted by Jeff Grace. She's certainly one of the most challenging model I ever paint. The level of detail on this mini is just insane. Enjoy and have a great weekend.

• By Metalchaos
      There is going to be a firework tonight... Firecrackers in Lorus's way. Here is 02771, Lorus Hightower aka Firecracker. This model was sculpted by Sandra Garrity.

• By Livesay
      A year ago I painted my first minis for D&D. It's not my best work, but it's most definitely an upgrade!

• Who's Online   19 Members, 2 Anonymous, 243 Guests (See full list)