Recently Browsing 0 members
- No registered users viewing this page.
By Grand Slam
This guy originally had a cat familiar on his base, but I removed that to set aside for a future project. I really like how the highlighting came out, as well as the decoupaged book pages. His color scheme is based off of the Knickerbocker LOTR Gandalf figure from the 70's (a toy I admire, but will never be able to afford as long as I've got this pesky mortgage).
By The Golem
Hi all! How do you do?
It's been a while since I last shared a mini here. I recently converted and painted one for my egyptian-themed Frostgrave warband.
Since the mini is a female and has bare breasts, I am supposed -as per the forum rules- to post links to the pictures instead of displaying them directly in the post. So consider this topic slightly NSFW.
To begin with, here is the mini I started with:
For the conversion, here's what I did:
Sawed the head off. A brutal surgery but a necessary one. [picture] Replaced the head with a bald one from Statuesque Miniatures. [picture] Filed off the remaining hair with a Dremmel power tool. [picture] Filed off the belt decoration and replace it with an Ankh cross. Resculpted the piece of fur on her shoulders and upper back. Cut off the top of her staff and replace it with an egyptian staff decoration (a double ostrich feather ornament)
The result after the conversion: https://legolemquireve.files.wordpress.com/2022/06/p1090830.jpg
After priming in off-white: https://legolemquireve.files.wordpress.com/2022/06/p1090832.jpg
And finally, the painted mini: [Front Picture] / [Side Picture 1] / [Side Picture 2] / [Back Picture] / [Close-up Picture]
If you want to see the pictures directly, you may visit my blog post (although it's written in french): https://legolemquireve.wordpress.com/2022/06/29/sandgrave-djesa-la-thaumaturge/
Here is a recently completed 77054 "Galladon, Human Wizard". I did have to make changes to the staff. I could not straighten it out by any means to my satisfaction. So, I cut off the original staff, drilled a hole in his hand and replaced the Bones bendy plastic staff with a brass rod. I cut off the bottom and top of the plastic staff, pinned the parts to the brass rod and there you go.
Thank you for looking.
This is s figure that I painted during a speed painting class at Reapercon a couple years ago. I decided to go back and clean up a couple things that I think could have been a little better. I know that's not quite the idea of speed painting, but I brought him to my tabletop standard, so I'm happy with him now.