DSM3103 Glenraven female rogue with sword and dagger

Geoff Davis

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 22/03/2018 at 6:15 AM, Glitterwolf said:

One little nitpicking..touch up the rim of the base.

Some paint has flaked off there.

It does distract a little.

I agree.  I am still not thinking about bases when I start a project and it causes me a lot of problems.  I based her on a roughly cut piece of thin plywood and didn't it well enough before gluing her on.  I've repainted it several times but every time I touch the base the paint rubs off the ends of the rough wooden splinters.  I'm going to have to live with it unfortunately.  It's a painful lesson and I will probably make the mistake again.  In fact I know I've made the mistake again already as there are badly based minis still waiting on my shelf of shame.

Thanks everyone for your positive comments.  I am working hard to improve.

• Like 4

She is LOVELYWONDERFULLY painted in a BEAUTIFUL array of colors. As a basing nut I am fascinated by the way you did your base; it is unique & very well craft piece. VERY WELL DONE!

Edited by malefactus
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Geoff Davis said:

I agree.  I am still not thinking about bases when I start a project and it causes me a lot of problems.  I based her on a roughly cut piece of thin plywood and didn't it well enough before gluing her on.  I've repainted it several times but every time I touch the base the paint rubs off the ends of the rough wooden splinters.  I'm going to have to live with it unfortunately.  It's a painful lesson and I will probably make the mistake again.  In fact I know I've made the mistake again already as there are badly based minis still waiting on my shelf of shame.

Thanks everyone for your positive comments.  I am working hard to improve.

Just put some brush on sealer on the base as well.

It will protect it