Geoff Davis

DSM3103 Glenraven female rogue with sword and dagger

I have to say the shading on the blades are definitely my favorite part on the mini, I really like that the earth tones were used for the opposing blade faces.

Hope to see some more old school minis in the future!

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 72moonglum
      Hi guys and gals,

two more figures from classic Rat Partha, these two are currently called "Beggars" but used to be part of a Children of the Night set that came with a seated old holy voodoo gentleman I painted recently.  Here's the original set:

and here are the two beggars:

and here is the front of the female beggar, linked for an exposed female mammal part dangling about:

Female Beggar, beware mammal parts!!

I didn't originally mean to give the male beggar a black eye, but his eye was actually just a small little slit, and I was going to leave it as a dark link. So I did the line, then did the black eye, but after that, because I just couldn't resist, I tried to put white over the slit, and even though the white slit kind of took over and made it big enough for an eyeball to go there too, I think it came out okay.

The two figures were pretty simple and they are rather small, being some nice old Dennis Mize 25mm.  If I remember to, I'll grab the quarter comparison shot one of these days.

and just in case you want to see the whole set, I'm sticking the little old drummer voodoo priest here as well:

to show the complete set!

So hope you enjoy, thanks for having a look!
    • By 72moonglum
      Hello guys and gals,

so I've been wanting to paint some dinosaurs for a while, so here is my first official one, a ceratosaurus, sculpted by Dennis Mize in the early eighties for his Ral Partha range Children of the Night.

As always, the hardest part was to come up with a color scheme as I keep thinking "dinosaurs - green or grey" and don't really want to fall in to that trap at all. I've got more of them so I want to try different color schemes and patterns, maybe some stripes and spots and what not.

This is one of the bigger ones I have. He's on a oval base probably for 50mm figures I'm guessing?  Can't actually remember where I found the base, but glad I had it sitting around.

As I look at Mize's figures from this period and with all his dinosaurs and prehistoric beasts, I wish he would have made some cavemen as well.  He did some primitive-looking figures later with his Beastmasters, but I would have really liked just some shaggy-haired guys and gals to accompany all these beasts.
    • By 72moonglum
      Hi guys,

two more figures that I just finished, really simple paint jobs with limited color palettes and being animals and all. They are both sculpted by Dennis Mize back in the day and came from his Children of the Night series.

I did the Hunting Cat in pure black with some highlights and for the Therapsid, I kind of wanted him pale, and unhealthy looking. He reminds me a little bit of a not-so naked mole rat:

Pretty simple and straight-forward figures, didn't take too long to paint. The hunting cat really only took a few hours, and the Therapsid a little bit more because he was three colors.  Anyway, hope you enjoy these little specimens of wildlife!
    • By 72moonglum
      And another figure from my pretty productive weekend, a were-rat, I think also sculpted by Dennis Mize, though not too sure, this might have been some of the Citadel Import figures that he redesigned.  Anyhow, once again a very simple figure, a naked were-rat running around with a sword, pretty simple and straight forward!

I always seem to end up painting rats grey, maybe in the future, I'll go brown or white....
    • By 72moonglum
      Happy Fourth of July to all my fellow Gringos, and to the rest of the world, happy Thursday!!

So just finished these two figures this morning, two old school Dennis Mize Children of the Night Harpies.  I've had these sitting around at least since they came out in the early eighties and finally got up the gumption to actually paint them.  I think the biggest problem with these was trying to figure out what color to paint them.  I had painted one of these way back in the eighties, but never actually painted her wings, so just have a naked bird chick rising up in to the air kind of oddly, and at that time I made her green.  This time though I got some colors figured out, and kind of got inspired by a blue jay and a cardinal, so at least the initial inspiration was there

The Blue Harpy

The Red Harpy

Both Harpies together

So anyhoos, another part of this set that made it a little easier was no clothing or metal or dingly danglies and one of the figures doesn't even have any visible eyes.  So in the ultimate scheme of things some pretty easy figures to paint!

Enjoy! For the fourth of July I give you red and blue, but didn't paint anything white, so sorry!
  • Who's Online   24 Members, 2 Anonymous, 59 Guests (See full list)