• Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Darcstaar
      Such a fun idea for a mini!
      But then you have to paint all the dragon scales.
      I was going for a more Asian skin tone.  I tried to speed through this one since her sword was so bent.

WIP link below.
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/92275-darcstaar-vs-bones-i-ep-8-janan-female-dragonslayer/&tab=comments#comment-1955669

Enjoy.

• By R2ED
      It's the weekend and that means it's time to lay down some paint.

Within the Paint Club going on this week, the two models selected were Jakob and Lysette.  Here's the battle report for Jakob.

BATTLE REPORT!

Wins:
      * Really put an emphasis on not washing if at all possible.  Bought some new tones in the brown family and skin tones.  
      * Face used a red brown for base and layered up with a tan/red blended in.  The shading of the hat helps to not have to go too high.  WIN!
      *  Trying to pull the eye to the center of the model this time and using lighter colors toward the middle - tan, cream, and red.  The outfit looks more put together and is easily one of my favorite that I've done so far.  Win!
      *  Trying to use a different approach to using layers and not washing.  Worked really well on the folds in his jacket and hat.  Really pleased with the depth that showed up from it.  I did a wet blend which is becoming easier knowing the colors better.  Win!
      *  I did use Agrax on the lines between clothing and it did help pull the separation of articles out.  Win!

Misses:
      * Zombie head - I started with flat flesh, hit it with green dry brush, then a light dusting.  Used white to pull out the washed bone areas, but could be better.  
      *  Used a wash to pull more of that dirty hair look with the zombie - again wasn't super pleased, but not super disappointed either.  
      * Wish I could find a way to make the leather colors pop more on the satchels. I. feel like doing them a single color, then washing them just doesn't do it.  Help!
      *  Black boots are still a problem for me.  I'm glad I zenithal highlighted before starting the project, which helped the black boots look like they have a shiny toe, but not by skill, just by coincidene.  
      * Sword - how badly I want to learn how to do NMM.  I gotta figure that out!  

Overall, he came out better than expected.  I'm excited to work on basing him with something really dark and sinister looking.  Should be fun next step!

As always - open to any feedback or help you want to provide.

• By Glitterwolf
      Some more of my older work.
      Are you people tired yet from all my reposting??

These are my Ghostly twins.

Part of my huge Undead project: Children of the Night
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79298-children-of-the-night-by-glitterwolf/

• By aku-chan
      Presenting the Chimera, a monster from the game Etherfields by Awaken Realms.

Not super happy with her skin, it went blotchy and all my attempts to fix it made it worse!
      Despite that, I think she ended up pretty snazzy.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, here are pictures of the third model I entered in the Pathfinder painting contest. This is the metal version of 60009 Seoni the Sorceress sculpted by Bob Ridolfi.
      The challenging part on this one was painting the tattoos and the other freehand on her clothes.

• Who's Online   10 Members, 0 Anonymous, 38 Guests (See full list)