Hi guys,

So I got a greater number of Infinity Aleph minis from a guy who doesn't find them fit to his playstyle.

Anyway - I decided to create my own bases, opposite to the clean and attractive style of the Aleph minis using some kind of a long lost and ruined city.

Like this:

593a8dced136c1800a0e52833ab8882a-1000x49

I also got Atalanta and her SpotBot and I think that this spotbot has quite a personality and I want to create his base accordingly.

(Picture for reference)

c5e933b407f00300e094d59fa274503a--geek-g

So I thought that it would be fitting to have some kind of robot head or so he could stare at. (Like to 2b in the picture below - but being a mechanical rabbit with sad eyes).

530514-nier-automata-es-nombre-definitiv

So I thought about using a space marine head but I don't find it fitting to the whole setting and it would just disappear between the rubble and the debris I prepared for the base. And it wouldn't match the style of Infinity.

On the other hand - I tried using a bandai mecha/gundam head and it is way too big for a 25mm base. Does anyone have an idea which could help me solve the problem?

• Like 4

How big is his base going to be?

Anything smaller than a 30mm base isn't going to have any room for "scenery" on it (at least without looking incredibly busy and cluttered), and even if you've positioned the figure at the far edge of the base it'll probably be too close to his feet to really be staring at without adjusting the angle of the figure's head, and/or posture.

You could probably find something from a 54mm mini, or one of the heads linked to above, but I'd look for something like plastic soldier model kits, either futuristic or from WWII with a gas mask, that you could modify to be more robot-looking and/or sculpt a "robot" helmet onto.

I'm not sure which scales most robots come in, but it'd probably be easier to find a human or humanoid head in the right scale and modify it.

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 2

That was not only a great idea @Clearman - Thank you! - but also the advice I needed to figure out what I wanted @Mad Jack.

The base will be 25mm, but - as I know from the other figure I made - it is possible to make it into a small scenery piece. And I now know where I have to look!

Thank you, guys.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MoonglowMinis
      Hi all. Was hoping you could help me find a mini.

I have a player in an upcoming game of D&D who wants a flying monkey as a familiar. 

I'm having trouble finding a good option. I'm surprised how few options there are.

I'm looking for one with feathered wings as opposed to bat wings. And something without a fez. Minimal clothing is okay (a vest or some bracelets) but in general looking for something that's more like a wild animal.

STLs are okay. But physical is better.

Thanks in advance!
    • By SisterMaryNapalm
      Hello everyone,

A new piece of work.

This time it's a WWII themed diorama, 1/72 scale (which makes around half the size of a 28mm figure. The diorama itself has around the size of two smartphones.

The whole project is my entry to a painting competition in a German forum and the first finished work since February 2020 - so one year ago.

The main model, PzKpfw IV Ausf. J, is almost 25 years old. I got this model when I was a kid, and I painted it thickly using email colours, but I never assembled it. Last August, when I moved, I found the model and gave it an overhaul, and when February arrived, I took my time to paint it, do the figures and the diorama.

As always: If you like what you see, and you have nothing more to say, leave a like as a nod to my participation in the forums. I don't need "nice", "cool", "excellent" or "awesome", because those words are used way too frequently to mean anything.

//

//

When I have got time, I need to get some plywood to cover the outside of the diorama, but, to be honest - I am way too lazy to do it now. lol.

Check my Instagram page for other work, if you like:

https://www.instagram.com/sistermarynapalm/

• By lexomatic
      I cant find any of my old threads. I used to have links in my signature which doesnt display in mobile, and I'm rarely on a computer and its awkward on a phone (like I havent been able to make it work, but I'm assuming its possible).
      I can't search just my topics with an empty search term. So how am I supposed to find things now? How does everybody else do it.
      I think a modern can lock this file. I've gotten  desktop working better since I posted.
    • By MoonglowMinis
      Hi gang.

I always have trouble with finishing minis if they take too long.  Groups of minis are a frequent struggle for me.  What kind of advice do you have to avoid burnout?

I try to mix things up to stave off the exhaustion and tedium.  I typically switch off between working on groups of minis, to just doing one at a time.  Small minis to big minis.  Detailed minis to simple minis.  I'll even avoid things that are the same color back-to-back.  Anything to help avoid getting sick of painting.

But I have a harder time just getting through a group of minis.  I'll try breaking them into sub groups, or just focusing on painting everything of the same color like all of the wood, or all the leather.

Maybe I'm just tired in general, but I'm definitely feeling worn down on my current set, which is a shame because I am excited to see them finished.

What advice do you have?

How do you avoid burnout?

How do you get yourself to just keep painting?
    • By MoonglowMinis
      Anyone have any useful leads on a set of elves in tribal garb?  I'm specifically looking for elves that would fit in a jungle, tropic, or coastal setting.  Not looking for heavy armor.  If there's some gender diversity in the set that's even more ideal.

I could kit bash if needed, but trying to avoid that.  Also looking for things that would fit well in scale with Reaper Bones' offerings.

Have I made this easy enough for you all?
  • Who's Online   8 Members, 1 Anonymous, 45 Guests (See full list)