Crimson_king_of_the_tower

Anirion elf wizard finished glazes

Finished up the highlights am the glaze coat on the robes that play is done. I will finish the rest of him but the main exercise was to try the layering on the robes to practice the technique. Let me know what you think and where I can improve! These pictures aren't the best either add usual lol

20180324_154001.jpg

20180324_153953.jpg

20180324_153901.jpg

20180324_161612.jpg

Edited by Crimson_king_of_the_tower
  • Like 7

Looking good so far! My suggestion would be to keep working on the shadows. Even just a line of the darker shadow color in the deep creases would help make them stand out. Keep up the good work ^_^

• Thanks 2

Purple....carnival purple specifically.  But any dark purple, when glazed into the shadows of the red will help add more depth.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You can mix your purple with the red to smooth out the transition too. 

• Like 2

can't tell in pics if you did or not, but for the hightlights mix your red color with alittle orange to brighten the red also.

• Like 1

As my signature may suggest, I am biased towards purple shadows. There are admittedly other methods of shading :poke:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kazmania7 said:

can't tell in pics if you did or not, but for the hightlights mix your red color with alittle orange to brighten the red also.

I did it wad some red mixed with marigold yellow which was almost already an orange. It is just the picture i am NO good at talking pictures of my movies it's something I need to practice on

• Like 3