Sign in to follow this  
Cyradis

Feline Dreams, The Blue Lion Bust - by Cyr (Pic Heavy)

Beautifully executed. Love the little details you added such as the dots for the whiskers and fur stippling. I can't help but think of the cloud scene in Lion King. "Remember who you are..."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

Excellent painting here!

Yay another member of WOOF approves of a MEOW! ::P:

• Haha 6

Wonderful. 

I enjoyed seeing the in-progress version at Paint Club, and now seeing the result. 

The texturing in your brushstrokes is superb.

I like how the gold of the lettering ties in with the gold of his eyes.

Derek

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dks said:

Wonderful. 

I enjoyed seeing the in-progress version at Paint Club, and now seeing the result. 

The texturing in your brushstrokes is superb.

I like how the gold of the lettering ties in with the gold of his eyes.

Derek

Thank you! That was the intention with the lettering! 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By GlenP
      On top of the Sherman Jumbo, I have a new project. This is Frozen Ninja 3D's resin bust of a cloaked gal holding a small flaming dragon. I picked it up ReaperCon last fall.

There are four parts: a base, a robed torsos, a hooded head, and a pair of arms holding the dragon. Over the casting was good, but there were some issues with the resin sheaving (splitting off in layers) in the arms and the underside of the torso. These were sanded down, the given a layer of putty, then further sanded down. You can see the putty in the pics.

I also hollowed out the sleeves and a portion of the hood. These were filled in almost to the opening. I used a Dremel tool and ball cutters to hollow them out and tried to match the inside with the exterior folds.

One unique (to me) thing is the base; there is a two-leve' base with some symbols on it, and small stone house built on top of that. The roof structure is built into the torso's back. It sure beats the usual brass rod...

Pics are where I'm at so far.

Qs and Cs welcomed.

• By Corporea
      This was my Secret Sophie gift to Inarah.  I had a lot of fun painting it, though I was cranky there wasn't much room to play with freehand!  Let's see... the crystals are a combination of sculpey, green stuff, sprue cut into crystal shapes and actual small quartz crystals. You can buy them cheap online in bulk. Great for terrain projects.  The colors are nightmare black, clouded sea and mint green, then after I was done highlighting, I glazed the whole thing except in the light effect area with pthalo green. It knocked down the highlights a bit and I like the more teal look it gives.  The fire was pure white, sun yellow, marigold yellow, fire red and spattered crimson. I think I used some Golden brand carbon black for the deep shadows.

Anyway, enjoy!  I didn't do a lot of WIP stuff for this one, sorry! er, and my camera was dead so I had to use my phone.  The balance is always funky.

I decided I wanted to work on OSL, so I planned ahead of time while painting the miniature. I find this helpful for OSL. I decide where I'll have the light effect and then up the highlighting on that side keeping in mind the spread and direction of the light.  Then when I add the colored effect, the highlighting is already done. I think where I see folks fall down on lighting is one of two things:  remembering that light is brightest at its source and lessens outwards, or thinking that light is color rather than brightness or higher value. Meaning  we have to highlight first before we add the light effect, or it just looks like paint, not light.  If you take a black and white photo of a mini, you should be able to see the light and effect is closer to white. If done incorrectly, the light effect will disappear.  You also have to darken shadows elsewhere to sell the effect. It becomes complicated, but in all honesty, you can do OSL with drybrushing, as long as you remember to highlight first!

Enjoy! C&C always welcome!

Here's what I mean with the black and white photo- see how you don't see the color of the light, but you still see the light?

• By Cyradis
      Vancouver Miniature Painters picked this for the first paint club item. It is Queen by Life Miniatures. I wanted to do more with it, and ended up doing the face and skin early.... then rushing the rest. All things considered, she turned out darn nice! Painted with a mix of Reaper, Vallejo, and Kimera. Reaper and Vallejo more on the skin and metal, Kimera more on the cloth. Many thanks to the paint club leader for good photos!

• By Nightwing
      Here is the start of pathfinder red, which I’ll be doing as a Sapphire dragon, similar to what i did with the Grenadier Red Dragon II (which I did as  a Ruby dragon) a while ago.

Just base colors here; dark blue/black wash over his entire body, earth wash over the sand, and white statue. I really like how the blue and brown look together. The brown will be lightened up to sand, and the blue will end up a more saturated dark blue. I hope those colors will still look good together...

• By Inarah
      Finished her up the other night.  She's been on my desk for years, part of a batch of anthropomorphs I started and didn't quite finish. Yes, the colors are that bright. She has a ton of detail in her clothing but the body is kind of bland, so I went with brighter colors for interest. 

• Who's Online   16 Members, 1 Anonymous, 50 Guests (See full list)