I purchased the Shadow Hound in Kentucky and was painting bits of it while in the hotel. The initial plan for the mini was to paint half of it and leave the other half translucent. Now that I have a base coat and some colors on it, I'm not too sure. Perhaps if it was clear translucent instead of purple it could work? Please let me know your thoughts.

20180317_214139.thumb.jpg.db755bc32316bc1dc7e2596e317ce371.jpg

20180318_190005.thumb.jpg.d25b53fa681296cc69a6e6e6bee199ef.jpg

20180318_190023.thumb.jpg.1a258b266ee9d2f5fcf93a5267861cbf.jpg

Edited by pcktlnt
  • Like 11
21 minutes ago, pcktlnt said:

Like what I have done with the left arm, but less coverage?

Something like that, yeah. Or more focused in nooks and crannies, leaving the peaks translucent. *shrug*

• Like 1

Something like, take blue liner and thin it , then apply it over a small area. With a second fully dry brush, absorb the areas that would be highlights, allowing only the dips and crevices to take the tint. Basically a "controlled ink wash" will help define the shadows and still leave the translucency.

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Glitterwolf
      EPIC Miniatures - Dungeon Explorer with Whip
      EPIC Miniatures - Wolf Sled
      Printed on Elegoo Mars with Elegoo Grey Resin.

Snow and Ice:
      Greenstuffworld Snow
      AK Interactive Ice Sparkles
      Vallejo Still Water.

WIP:
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79398-horde-of-the-north-glitterwolf-paints-barbarians-and-mammoths/page/5/

Lance Bucklesworth on an arctic adventure!
      What will he find when reaches the far North?
      He raised these wolves himself to pull his sled and protect him, will it be enough against the creatures roaming the frozen wastes?
      As he passes the last barren trees heading to the ever frozen plains he's got only one thing on his mind.
      To find the remnants of a lost civilization and retrieve the priceless artifacts they left behind.

• By Restless
      I'm a huge Okami fan. I've played the game end to end 5 times and I have it in progress a 6th time. I took Reaper Mini's Spirit Wolf and painted it like the white wolf, Amaterasu. Then I sculpted its iconic, flaming reflector out of green stuff and attached it to its back also with green stuff. Enjoy!

• By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, here are pictures of the 77452 Invisible Ranger I painted last night. I'll be using this translucent model as a marker whenever I make a hide check.
      The other model is the metal version of 02909 Nienna, Elf Ranger sculpted by Werner Klocke. The character I'm playing is a multiclass; ranger, rogue, sorceress.
      I painted the base with Reaper MSP paint and used only inks on the model itself. More pictures of my painted version of 02909, Nienna the elf ranger.

• By Standifer
      This my orc warlord on a warg. It is a Nolzurs deep cuts orc on dire wolf miniature. 
      I did most of the painting in one day, I do need to touch up the base and redo the finish on the flag, but otherwise he is done.
      I was aiming for a Hound of the Baskervilles look for the Warg. 

Now he just needs an actual name besides Orc Warlord....
      Thanks for looking!

• By pcktlnt
      It has been a year and a half since I painted. I have lined a few bone minis and this is the first of my practice pieces. I spent 2 hours on the cloak. Not happy with it, but I want to move on to the other parts. 

Brown liner to "prime" the bones figure. Then 9418 thru 9420 triad for the cloak.
      Oceanic Blue 
      Tropical Blue
      Glacier Blue

• Who's Online   24 Members, 2 Anonymous, 36 Guests (See full list)