Sign in to follow this  
Dr.Bedlam

Prehistoric Snapshot

1 hour ago, Coydt said:

Well done!  You tree makes for a very nice prehistoric cycad!  Really cool!

Weirdly enough, this whole PIECE was about solving problems. The tree was the last of them; the base needed something for composition's sake. By sheer coincidence, the spouse found it at work and brought it home. "This is weird looking. Can you do anything with it?"

Before that, I needed something for Pebbles to lean on. Rock? Tree? I finally settled on the triceratops, but only after resculpting the neck so he was looking slightly off to his right, as opposed to dead ahead.

The Hasslefree pieces were, as always, a delight to work with. Made me glad I backed the KS.

• Like 7

She better watch out - those pinecones will hurt if they land on her head! Worse than a coconut! 

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Inarah
      This little guy was a freebie from Bombshell Miniatures given out at Reapercon 2019. He is also available on their website.  I put him on a jungle base from Microarts.  Tried for some dark blue/grey coloration, wasn't happy with it, tried some green washes, but he kept turning blue again. Brushed a little green metallic on and he turned silver, did the green wash again with a different brand.  Decided I had messed around with it long enough. 

In the background is a 3-d printed stone bridge my husband made for me. Tabletop drybrush in shades of brown over a black base coat. 

• By planetmut
      Foxtrot was fun to paint. She comes with two bodies, two heads and two sets of weapons so it's possible to make her up as a crazy-haired gasmask-wearing nutter or Hasslefree's version of Furiosa from Mad Max: Fury Road. As you can see, I decided on the crazy-haired gasmask-wearing nutter.

Her right hand is separate, so fun and games ensued trying to get it glued to her wrist. I didn't dare attempt to drill/pin it as there was barely enough space for the drill bit and I had visions of wrecking the metal. The stock of her AK was on the verge of falling off, so I just did away with it. Her base is the usual Liquitex modelling paste, sand and paint.

• By 72moonglum
      And another finished miniature from last night, a dimetrodon grandis, sculpted by Dennis Mize back in the 70's in his miniature range "Children of the Night".  

And in my quest to try not to do green and greys, I went a little loopy on the color scheme, so hope it's not too goofy, white, orange and blue.

Probably the miniature with which I'm least satisfied in a long history or okay minis, but I guess a little odd experimentation never hurt.  Let me know what you think of the colors!

• By Evilhalfling
      I am running a D&D Noble Gala for my Elder Spawns game. 
      Once the party gets rolling the dinosaurs are going to show up. 

These are speedpainted - but as a group, less than 5 hours total. 
      they are color-coded with the eyes matching the colors on base. 

• By Darcstaar
      This is an animal companion to a kobold Ranger in a module.  The character art has it light green with dark green stripes.  A little cliche, but I don’t care.

There are two arm choices.  I went with the ones making it look like he was grabbing something.  Got him ready with white primer.
  • Who's Online   33 Members, 1 Anonymous, 218 Guests (See full list)