Sign in to follow this  
Dr.Bedlam

Prehistoric Snapshot

Need to work on my basing. Still, I don't think this little Hasslefree piece came out TOO badly.

IMG_20180325_154103999.jpg.c6f52ea27b3b24772d0e42cb0581dced.jpgIMG_20180325_154113479.jpg.07e01658ba61d181553ef7e89cae9c9c.jpgIMG_20180325_154133893.jpg.51d7b7401ebf99d105b5667372bc50c9.jpg Cavewoman stock Hasslefree, from the recent kickstarter; dinosaur, a slightly altered plastic dino I got on clearance at Hobby Lobby; Reaper base; GF9 static grass, with flowers scavenged from a Box Of Goodwill. The tree was the hard part; I needed a prehistoric looking giant conifer, so I started with a metal rod, coated with greenstuff, and began sculpting up, layer by later, with no small effort...  I'm a far worse sculptor than even I think I am... and finally, after completion, I layer painted it with a variety of browns...

...and then threw it in the trash and substituted a pine sprout from the yard instead. Sometimes the old ways are the best.

Edited by Dr.Bedlam
  • Like 19

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Inarah
      This little guy was a freebie from Bombshell Miniatures given out at Reapercon 2019. He is also available on their website.  I put him on a jungle base from Microarts.  Tried for some dark blue/grey coloration, wasn't happy with it, tried some green washes, but he kept turning blue again. Brushed a little green metallic on and he turned silver, did the green wash again with a different brand.  Decided I had messed around with it long enough. 

In the background is a 3-d printed stone bridge my husband made for me. Tabletop drybrush in shades of brown over a black base coat. 

• By planetmut
      Foxtrot was fun to paint. She comes with two bodies, two heads and two sets of weapons so it's possible to make her up as a crazy-haired gasmask-wearing nutter or Hasslefree's version of Furiosa from Mad Max: Fury Road. As you can see, I decided on the crazy-haired gasmask-wearing nutter.

Her right hand is separate, so fun and games ensued trying to get it glued to her wrist. I didn't dare attempt to drill/pin it as there was barely enough space for the drill bit and I had visions of wrecking the metal. The stock of her AK was on the verge of falling off, so I just did away with it. Her base is the usual Liquitex modelling paste, sand and paint.

• By 72moonglum
      And another finished miniature from last night, a dimetrodon grandis, sculpted by Dennis Mize back in the 70's in his miniature range "Children of the Night".  

And in my quest to try not to do green and greys, I went a little loopy on the color scheme, so hope it's not too goofy, white, orange and blue.

Probably the miniature with which I'm least satisfied in a long history or okay minis, but I guess a little odd experimentation never hurt.  Let me know what you think of the colors!

• By Evilhalfling
      I am running a D&D Noble Gala for my Elder Spawns game. 
      Once the party gets rolling the dinosaurs are going to show up. 

These are speedpainted - but as a group, less than 5 hours total. 
      they are color-coded with the eyes matching the colors on base. 

• By Darcstaar
      This is an animal companion to a kobold Ranger in a module.  The character art has it light green with dark green stripes.  A little cliche, but I don’t care.

There are two arm choices.  I went with the ones making it look like he was grabbing something.  Got him ready with white primer.
  • Who's Online   8 Members, 3 Anonymous, 252 Guests (See full list)