Cyradis

02759 Dena, Female Barbarian (Chainmail bikini)

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

That's a great sculpt, looking forward to see how you paint it!

Still debating bikini colors. Perhaps a forest green? *shrug*

• Like 3

Maybe something that contrasts her skin? I don't know in which direction you want to put the skin, but when it is a darker colours, I think the ... ah ... "clothes" should be going into the opposite direction.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, SisterMaryNapalm said:

Maybe something that contrasts her skin? I don't know in which direction you want to put the skin, but when it is a darker colours, I think the ... ah ... "clothes" should be going into the opposite direction.

Her skin will end up on the tan-Caucasian side most likely. Thinking brunette hair. A dark green would contrast the skin and match the hair. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

Her skin will end up on the tan-Caucasian side most likely. Thinking brunette hair. A dark green would contrast the skin and match the hair. 

Poison Ivy!

image.png.20067f9b3d2c1659fac1b8e627d9a120.png

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Much boob. Very green. If I do that I'm signing up for freehanding plant tattoos on her though, lol! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Cyradis said:

Yeah. Sure. Then it's perfect. Looking forward to seeing your progress on her.

Alright so I've NMM'd weapons, now I try some armor. Any tips on what is wrong with her shoulder armor (aside from there only being shoulder armor)? 

@Kuro Cleanbrush - wisdom? 

20180401_174719.jpg

20180401_174722.jpg

20180401_174728.jpg

• Like 10

I think on the shoulder armor you're not going dark enough with your shadows, and if it's supposed to be polished steel, you'll need to just push the contrast in general.

On a side note, every time I've painted her I've just gone with metal cups for the bikini top.

• Like 3

I considered metal for the top, but that would really turn the boobs into torpedo-tatas. 

Will try to get the dark parks darker. I think some trouble might be on placement of highlights but not sure. 

The highlight placement on the tubular pieces on her upper arm seems okay to me although I agree the contrast needs to be much higher.  On the pieces on top of her shoulder though I think you have the highlights/shadows inverted. Should be light at the bottom and dark at the top with the transitions parallel to the horizon.  Where she has so much flesh showing and the bright green top so close to the armour it could be worth incororating those colours into the armour as very faint reflections in the mid tones.

• Like 2

Hmm. Maybe that top flared part is backwards. I like having the bright by her face - contrasts the hair. But it seems off. Not sure if worth fixing. I have upped the contrast. Lined with black, and peak highlights are white now. I do like the idea of glazing a wee bit of green in there. 

20180401_191848.jpg

20180401_191852.jpg

• Like 10