Sign in to follow this  
Darius Glenwell

77207 Dub Bullock

Quick two hour paint job for a client. Face was a mess, with a mold line running down the right side. Oh well, the client likes him, and looks good on the tabletop. :)

20180325_130339.jpg

20180325_130406.jpg

• Like 19

2 hours ago, Darius Glenwell said:

@Cyradis, if only I could get this result in 30 mins or less. I could be faster than our pizza person!

You have fast pizza people! 

• Like 1

"You shouldn't put a mold-line on my face, Johnny.  My sculptor put a mold-line on my face once.  ONCE."

::D:

Seriously, though, looks great.  I don't even wanna think how many hours it would take me to get there.

• Haha 4

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Bonnie Bailey
      I finally finished this project! This was a mini I got a forgotten number of years ago with an order during October. Being as this is a more modern vibe the first thing that came to my mind first is: Make her a neon Witch! This was such a joy to paint. It was my first real attempt at osl and sheer fabric. I used quite a few reaper paints but I will give you the main ones that pulled of the effects that I wanted. If you have other question feel free to ask and I will share with you what I used/did. 
      Dominant paints used:
      Punk rock pink 09286
      Marid blue 89526
      Clear magenta 09098
      Regal purple 09238
      Clear purple 09099
      Nightmare black 09280
      Fair skin 09047
      Dark elf skin 09164
      Pure black 09037
      Pure white 09039
      Let me know what you think!

• By Inarah
      Picked this guy up at a paint and take somewhere.  He was primed black and this is as far as I got without my glasses. 

Fiddled around with him some more recently.  Experimented with some Contrast paints and various glazes.  Calling it done. 

• By Thrym
      Hellborn Troll
      from WizKids' Nolzur's Marvelous Miniatures

I stopped at AC Moore today and picked up one of the FolkArt Pickling Washes I didn't have while my wife was shopping for school play costume materials.  Nearby I found FolkArt Ultra Dyes and picked up two colors to check out; Purple Rain and Pucker Up (a yellow).

I have enjoyed using the Glass Enamels with the long cure time before and thought these might work similarly.   I decided to wash my troll with the Purple Rain to see how it comes out and goes on.

It's fairly thick out of the bottle but I might not have shaken it enough.  It was taking forever to dry so I hit it with some Testors Dullcote to speed the process and reduce the shine.  It's glossy like inks.

Next, I used Reaper Blood Red to give him the Hellborn look I wanted.

Then I pulled out Reaper Violet Shadow to get his hair, teeth and claws darkened.

I then went back over the boney bits with the FolkArt Ultra Dye.  It'll put the glossy touch to the claws and teeth.

I am quite happy with him so far.  

Stay tuned and Enjoy!
    • By aku-chan
      Presenting a pair of Deep Gnome heroes (I'm calling them Harold and Alice) from Reaper.

I got these to see what the Bones Black material was like on smaller minis (I was quite impressed), and while some parts could've gone better (One day I'll learn how to highlight dark blue) they were a lot of fun to paint up.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By HonorableLordKentaur
      just wishing to put this out there, but what are the chances of warlord coming back, hopefully with the success of bones reaper can really hammer our full fledged army boxes. i only ask this as warlord was my very FIRST miniatures game and heck it was the first miniatures i ever bought and wish to see it again even if its just bones army sets or something. maybe even a third edition possibly. 

i mean am i alone in wanting warlord back? 
  • Who's Online   34 Members, 2 Anonymous, 326 Guests (See full list)