Sign in to follow this  
SisterMaryNapalm

Let's Present ... Soviet Russian Female Battalion for Bolt Action

They are LOVELY defenders of Holy Mother Russia, BEAUTIFULLY converted, painted, & based. VERY WELL DONE!

• Thanks 1

First of all, I like how you converted them all into female soldiers.

Very good, if I hadn't seen the WIP I could be fooled into thinking they were manifactured that way.

The snow effect is great!

Awesome Squad!

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Cyradis said:

Those ladies look ferocious! Good work! 

4 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

First of all, I like how you converted them all into female soldiers.

Very good, if I hadn't seen the WIP I could be fooled into thinking they were manifactured that way.

The snow effect is great!

Awesome Squad!

Thank you very much. More to come.

• Like 2

Awesome!

What I like best about your army, each and everyone of them is an individual!

Full of character, not just a rank and file mook, but they are all unique!

Love this!

You can see the effort and love you put into this project.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

I need to go lie down for a moment...

Then I nned to read the WIP...

Awesome minis!

Sure. Take your time^^

20 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Awesome!

What I like best about your army, each and everyone of them is an individual!

Full of character, not just a rank and file mook, but they are all unique!

Love this!

You can see the effort and love you put into this project.

Yeah^^ a special character needs a special army^^

• Like 2

Very nice work on them, they look great!

I agree with Glitterwolf about the individualism of all the ladies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Mckenna35
      Street Judge and a couple of members from the street gang box. These are cast in WGs  new resin, and I'm not sure about it. Stuff is very flexible and the detail on the gangers is very shallow so you have use a light touch with the paint and it can be hard to figure out what you're painting. Turned out ok.

• By Green Eyed Monster
      Today marks the 76th Anniversary of what has been dubbed "The Longest Day", when the push to liberate Europe from NAZI Oppression and predation set foot on the beaches of Normandy, France.
      Please keep all the brave men [and the corp of Nurses who didn't have to but volunteered anyway] who sacrificed so much for all of us in that and the subsequent days and months.
      GEM
      Proud to be a US Navy Veteran
    • By SisterMaryNapalm
      Wololo!

Haven't posted this little project here until now, because I was too lazy to translate it and on top of that not sure if it was too much skin or not enough,
      so I first had to browse through other pieces of KDM work to check if it was okay.

Found the exact same picture of one of my references, so I thought: Okay - I can try to translate it now.

After my surprisingly effective try to paint skin on this fellow (check ->here<-) I thought: Why not try and replicate the result on another figure. So I browsed through my pile of shame and found a KDM miniature with barely any clothes on her. So I thought: What perfect way to train smooth transitions.

So after wiping off the dust and priming her ...

I started working on the base layers and first shadows.

After I had applied some more shadows and highlights, I noticed I had defined the thin red line between the muscles of her thigh a bit too strong ...

And in the process of painting her feet, I somehow lost her toes - Oh, my god!

So while I was working on the other parts of her body and slowly building up the paint, I tried to work on her right thigh and on her right foot and get back the definition of the toes.

So after a full day of recovery operations, I finally had a look at my corrections and was surprised ...

In the end I had undone all my previous work and recreated the wrong transition ...

But I found the toes! Yay!

The outlining was a bit too strong, so I had to correct that as well ...

But I managed to make her skin surprisingly smooth.

In the end, I had to repaint the whole muscle section I worked on for a long time.

But now she's got beautiful buns and thighs

buns and thighs

Time for me to map out the other body parts ... making progress. Wonderful!

And while I am fighting her skin, Rhini took a reference book for NMM (In German, I used this to joke about metal painting rhinos - but unfortunately this only work in German)

But ... to be honest. I have no idea how I have to paint her dagger. I really don't know. I've got to think about it. I've painted NMM only once - it was okay, but not enough to make me feel safe doing it.

Well ... we will see.

• By SisterMaryNapalm
      Yes! We can do it again! Let's make a tank! Let's make a beautiful tank!

Once again, it's a diorama project based on a game scene, once again, it's Combat Mission.

In this particular diorama, the commander of a Panzer III M is a reallylucky  person. In a shootout during the Let's Play of German wargaming channel "TaktikfuchsTV", his Panzer III got hit around 20-25 times, prompting everyone to believe that this particular tank was dead. And I mean ... DEAD!

But to everyone's surprise, the crew reentered the vehicle and drove away - going like:

Here's the scene:

Kauder reenters his tank (In German)

So I got me a commanders figure and a tank ...

First off, some pictures to see what this project will look like:

So I got me a Panzer III from Tamiya and started to do some minor conversions ... and over the course of one afternoon, this vehicle was finished.

I am really proud of those selfmade smoke launchers.

The vehicle will be displayed with open hatches. That's a challenge due to the really lame interior, but that's not a problem. I'll use colors to make the less detailed parts dark and the detailed parts white - I hope that will work!

Tomorrow I'll go over the armor and do the shell damages. The only thing I am not certain about is the frontal armor provided by the spare tracks.
      I don't know how those look when they are hit. They are pretty massive and I simply cannot imagine them looking the same way as a normal armor plate when hit.

I've got to dig deeper into it.
  • Who's Online   32 Members, 2 Anonymous, 42 Guests (See full list)