Let's Present ... Soviet Russian Female Battalion for Bolt Action

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Long time no see.

I didn't have the time to work on my girls lately, so they somehow got lost in all the stuff I did in between. But a few days ago, I by accident fell over one of the vehicles, so I thought: "Let's finish it!" So - after a weekend, here we are:

jykm-3ec-583c.jpg

jykm-3ee-a8fe.jpg

jykm-3ed-6f76.jpg

jykm-3ef-9ceb.jpg

Hm - the rusting on the doors of the drivers cabin might be a bit strong. I'm not sure ... hm.

Anyway - I hope you enjoyed this work. If wanted, I can do a tutorial on how to do some winter weathering on vehicles.

• Like 17

Thank you very much.

Yes. Okay. We can do that. I've got some more and different vehicles on the table, so a tutorial shouldn't be a problem.

9 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

During a prolonged battle there would be little time to properly maintain the vehicles..

Let's be honest: Getting a vehicle or tank down to this state is virtually impossible. Especially the German tanks would break down way before becoming this messy. But well - it's supposed to make an impression on the table, so ... why not ...

Edited by SisterMaryNapalm
  • Like 4

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Mckenna35
      Biker boxed set for Project Z. Turns out the client was missing some sprues when he sent me these, and I was wondering why the box said you could build eight figures yet I only had six torsos?!  Was also missing the foot bases, so I used Reaper ones instead.  The sculptor want a little heavy on the cheesecake factor for the ladies.  I can't imagine trying to ride a motorcycle in a thong!  😲  I'm now working on the "boss" biker with the gatling gun on the handlebars and another biker with a passenger toting a bazooka.. Painted to tabletop/demo standard.  Primarily painted with Pro Acryl except Vallejo for the metallics and Reaper for the flesh.

• By Mckenna35
      Male Survivors kit from Warlord Games. Painted to tabletop standard, mostly with Pro Acryl.

• By Mckenna35
      Female survivors from Warlord Games "Project Z" game.  Nice kit with a good diversity in body types and choices for each figure.  Had fun assembling and painting them. All painted to a "three foot fabulous" tabletop standard. Painted primarily with Pro Acryl paints except for Reaper for the flesh and an assortment of brands for the metallics.

• By Mckenna35
      The Zombie Horde from Warlord Games Project Z game. Skin was airbrushed with a mix of Garage Kits USA Predator Flesh and Light Green, then washed with Secret Weapon Concrete and highlighted as necessary. I'd picked up three sets of Pro Acryl paints, including the "Transparents" and decided to try those out on these, and the rest of the Project Z figures.  I'm guessing that the transparents are their version of Contrast paints.  They worked really nice, and the transparent White turned out to be really useful in altering the tint of the other transparents. Sped things up quite a bit! All of these are painted to a "Three Foot Fabulous" demo/tabletop standard. 

• By Jasper_the_2nd
      Since I have virtually nothing else to paint (for certain definitions of virtually and nothing, with rounding and margin of error.....).
      The FLGS recently (like Wednesday) got in their first order of Bolt Action. There hasn't been anything historic being played in the area that I'm aware of (at least none of the local stores carried anything) so hopefully this is an untapped market.  Early interest seems pretty high at least.
      I've been interested in playing something like this for, oh, a while, but there has never been anyone playing it where I was.  So  I was quick to jump right int.  Picked up some Germans (someone has to play the bad guys, plus I have a number of German tanks and things from West Wind in this scale....) and today started on some Grenadiers.

Well then, this isn't going to be as straightforward as Legion figs.....
      There are 6 bodies, 11 heads, a number of different weapons, some with arms, so with arms you attach, and a whole bunch of kit.
      I'm building 10, since that is the maximum build out for a squad, and following a video I watched for the weapons load out (3 assault rifles, 6 rifles (including the loader) and a light machine gun).

Bases and bodies, and I decided I'd use the LMG over the shoulder arm.

And where I ended up after about 3 hours.  All the arms and heads are on, but only the NCO is fully kitted.

So just because the gun looked cool, The first German finished is using an "acquired" Russian PPSh sub-machine gun (it counts as an assault rifle for the Grenadiers).