Integral Bases aka "Broccoli"

Neyuttad

I hate them, they are so a pain in the deriere to remove. (especially with my

microsaw) and they are ugly

Why not use slots like Warlord? Save you on metal! Or is it a way

to make the distinction between Warlord and DH?

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care for them either, but I just glue landscaping stuff over them. Not all DH have broccoli bases. Some of the newer ones have stone/rock for bases. I think they have all heard our complaints on the broccoli bases and are trying to mix it up a bit ^_^

Well what if I don't like rock or want to make my own or just want

to have them on cobblestone etc etc etc. I'm tired of all my

mini standing on small stones. heck, if they make slots(how do you

call it anyway) I might even buy Reaper metal bases

No no no no! Keep the broccoli bases, don't switch to slotta! Vary the texture all you like - the Pirates of the Dragonspine Sea set was a good example, nice planking! - but please don't switch to slotta. I can't stand plastic bases, I think they're ugly and clunky. I buy only integral, metal-based miniatures. Ignore these GW-brainwashed masses and stay the course! ::P:

Well what if I don't like rock or want to make my own or just want

to have them on cobblestone etc etc etc.

HaHa! I guess you really DON'T like the broccoli base do you!? ::P: Well you could buy the bigger reaper bases, take the green stuff and cover the pit and the broccoli base, then mold/glue/attach whatever type material for the base your little heart desires! :lol:

Dark Age bases and green stuff. The DA bases are indented (so that you can have scenery on the base but reducing the height that it adds to the mini)...that indentation can't be much smaller than a brocolli base. The bases look good as well.

it took me an hour and an almost severed

finger to remove the dang rock

You need to rethink your methods, it took me 5 minutes to remove the bases off of 2 CAVs enough to hide it; with a pair of old GW clippers that barely cut. Saws and knives are bad. Bad!

Errrr, the entire point of the brocolli bases is to act like bases...so that you don't NEED to buy a slotted base...

Yes, that's kinda obvious, thanks for pointing it out :poke: , i'm just saying that it's ugly AND unstable. Plastic slotta bases are only 20 or so cents!

1. I hate plastic bases. Even on Warlord minis, I remove the tabs and put them on sheet-metal squares.

2. I don't mind broccoli bases. Remember the target audience of the two lines. DHL is primarily for role-players, who just want a character mini. In my experience, the roleplayer who even cares if the mini is painted is a bit of an exception, though my sample group is about 20 here. Warlord is a Wargame, and most wargamers feel rather strongly about painting their minis.

If you care about painting your minis, you're going to do what you want with the base, and it being a slot or a broccoli base is not going to change the fact that you're changing the original base. If you don't care, then why go to the effort of changing the base, when there's already a perfectly good base on the mini?

This is my opinion. I have no idea what Reaper's line is.

• Like 1