Flit Tries a WIP Thread DHL 02881

Flit

I am going to give a WIP thread a try.  I am painting DHL 02881: Dara, Psionic Warrior. She is Not In Catalog (NICed) but still available from reaper.

I have had Dara sitting around for a while. I think she is rather unique and bought her shortly after she was released. Unlike a lot of my minis, she didn't tell me how to paint her other than " I have dark skin and purple hair".  I thought about her for a while but then was inspired by "when in doubt, paint the shadows purple" which made me think of " Join the cult of purple and teal- you know you want to".  So I decided the cloak would be teal with purple for shadows. Then I was looking at One Boot's metallic painting thread and thought "with purple and teal the armor has to be metallic gold".

This is where I am so far:

Dara Front 1 Crop.jpg

Dara Back 1 Crop.jpg

• Like 13

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By lazarp
      The body is from a tehnolog roman and the arms, head and shield are from an oathmark dwarf infantry sprue! It was a very fun kitbash and a qucik paintjob 🙂
      Thanks for looking!

• By MiniPainterDMan89
      Hello All,

Here is a 04084 metal Dark Heaven Legends "Mellonir Windrunner, Elf Ranger/Fighter" I completed a few days ago.

Thank you for looking.

• By MiniPainterDMan89
      Hello All,  

I completed this 77074 Dain Deepaxe, Dwarf Fighter miniature yesterday.  It is the plastic Bones version. 

Thank you for looking.

• By Glitterwolf
      3D Printed on my Elegoo Mars.
      Mini: BitetheBullet
      Helmet: CastNPlay.
      Base: Sculpted with Milliput over a plastic base.

Part of my Shifting Sands Project
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79372-shifting-sands-glitterwolf-paints-egyptian-undead/page/24/#comments

Young, Beautiful but foremost...deadly.
      Kalista served in the Lion's, the elite guard of the High King himself, but when she refused his "attention" she found herself in the Arena.
      And there to the King's dismay, she not just survived, she won, over and over again and she became so populair that in the end the King had no choice than to set her free to please the crowd.

These days Kalista is for hire as a mercenary, she leads caravans or nobles safely to their destination among other "jobs" ...
      Her reputation is often enough to secure a safe passage.
      And should some robber not know her? Well....what happens then is just adding to her reputation.

There are rumours that Kalista even volunteers to fight in the Arena again but only for the right price.

• By MiniPainterDMan89
      Hello All,

Here is a 77322 Human Female Ranger, Kassandra I completed a few months ago.

Thank you for looking.