Flit

Flit Tries a WIP Thread DHL 02881

I am going to give a WIP thread a try.  I am painting DHL 02881: Dara, Psionic Warrior. She is Not In Catalog (NICed) but still available from reaper.

I have had Dara sitting around for a while. I think she is rather unique and bought her shortly after she was released. Unlike a lot of my minis, she didn't tell me how to paint her other than " I have dark skin and purple hair".  I thought about her for a while but then was inspired by "when in doubt, paint the shadows purple" which made me think of " Join the cult of purple and teal- you know you want to".  So I decided the cloak would be teal with purple for shadows. Then I was looking at One Boot's metallic painting thread and thought "with purple and teal the armor has to be metallic gold".

This is where I am so far:

Dara Front 1 Crop.jpg

Dara Back 1 Crop.jpg

• Like 13

Sorry about the photos. Will try to get better ones later. So far Skin is base coated with dark skin and lined with brown liner.

Constructive comments and suggestions welcomed.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By aku-chan
      Presenting Dr. Helen Matronic, the Field Medic for my Starstrider team of space adventurers.
      She's trying to escape her demons (both literal and metaphorical) by exploring the furthest reaches of the galaxy.

Overall I'm fairly pleased with how she turned out, even if she is a little rough in places (her tunic trim was a bit of a nightmare to paint).

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By aku-chan
      Presenting Bregan, a rather happy looking Valkyrie.

A bit of an odd sculpt this one, but lots of fun to paint.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By Darcstaar
      Here is the next figure on the list.
      Callie.  I think it’s funny that episode 1 was Cassie, and right next to her is a figure with almost the same name.

She had had a weird straight warp to the lower part of her bow.  I boiled that out.  It has stayed in the corrected position for a month now.

This is after Brown Liner.  It looks like an arrow coming out of the quiver, but strange it has no fletching....From the front, maybe a finger?
    • By aku-chan
      This pretty lady jumped straight to the front of my painting queue, and it was about time I painted another Reaper mini:-

Here she is, all cleaned up and undercoated in primer.

Got a little further today:-

Not going down the red skin route, so Ziba is currently covered in a basecoat of 1:2 Dwarf Skin/Rosy Skin with a Flesh Wash.

Aiming to get her skin finished tonight.
    • By aku-chan
      "During the opening stages of the Great War, it was quickly discovered that the human mind was too fragile for soldiers to spend any time in areas that had been heavily corrupted by Void Space.
      One of the solutions to this problem was to lift the restrictions on deploying Automaton Troopers to the front-lines. Drawing power from naturally occurring energy fields and equipped with self repair and competent AI systems, they could theoretically operate indefinitely without contact with their human creators.
      However, despite being deployed in large numbers, in the end they did little to halt the advance of the Void.

Centuries later, many can still be found and most pose a threat to the humans they once served.
      This particular model, now known as a Flower Knight due to the flora it spontaneously generates around itself, is not openly hostile to anyone it comes across but will not tolerate any damage to the gardens they both create and guard."

Presenting the Flower Knight from Kingdom Death.

This is another one from the Cupboard of Unfinished ThingsTM that's been waiting for me to bring it back to the table for a final painting session or two. It's not a patch on the many, many other Flower Knights out there on the Inter-webs, but I'm really pleased with it.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.

• Who's Online   36 Members, 1 Anonymous, 94 Guests (See full list)