Crimson_king_of_the_tower

Second attempt at skin tones on bones 3 ogre

The skin on the ogre is looking good, but the barbarian is much too harsh. Looks like you need to go back in with some midtone colors to help smooth out the layers from basecoat to highlight. 

With that being said, watch your highlights on the ogre. If you go too high, you'll need to do the same thing as the barbarian. 

I look forward to seeing how you progress. :) Keep at it! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Darius Glenwell said:

The skin on the ogre is looking good, but the barbarian is much too harsh. Looks like you need to go back in with some midtone colors to help smooth out the layers from basecoat to highlight. 

With that being said, watch your highlights on the ogre. If you go too high, you'll need to do the same thing as the barbarian. 

I look forward to seeing how you progress. :) Keep at it! 

Thank you I'm using the instructions from the layer up kit for the ogre as well as reapers tanned skin triad so hoping to avoid that. The barbarian was me sorta winging it with some colors that just weren't close enough together

• Like 1

Ok so finished the highlights and added final glaze to his upper torso and went ahead and painted his eyes and fangs I'm happy with how the skin has come out so far next mini will be a smaller one to see how it translates lighter me know what you think!

20180405_155834.jpg

20180405_155825.jpg

20180405_155818.jpg

20180405_155922.jpg

20180405_160003.jpg

• Like 7

Skin looks really good on that ogre! I might add a bit of color to his fangs, perhaps yellow them up a bit -- after all, he's probably not practically great oral hygiene. But really it looks good. Eyes are real good and the blending on the skin is real good!

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Gargs said:

Skin looks really good on that ogre! I might add a bit of color to his fangs, perhaps yellow them up a bit -- after all, he's probably not practically great oral hygiene. But really it looks good. Eyes are real good and the blending on the skin is real good!

I was actually going to put a small amount of yellowish washon the teeth but ran out of time for the day. Thank you for the compliments I'm trying to put in alot of practice cause i really want to enter the msp open at reaper con this year. I really appreciate the words and input

• Like 1